Container shipping Rotterdam to Huangpu
Are you interested in a way to ship a container from Rotterdam to Huangpu (CNHUA)? Sea freight is very practical: large items can be shipped for competitive rates, it is flexible and it is safe. Transporting a sea container with container cargo or semi-finished goods can be done via e.g. Unifeeder. You can book all kind of containers. Shipping by sea is primarily divided into two types: (FCL) full containers and (LCL) and partial shipments. Via our transport agents you will receive helpful information for international transport Huangpu (CN HUA). We offer useful information about the different types and ways of sea freight. Further on you can read a 5 step export plan. Send us your details and we will send a quote with market prices.
- Ocean shipping is a good, staunch and cheap way to ship heavy and bulky goods.
- Advantages compared to air freight: you can transport larger volumes for a better price.
- Sea freight is an often chosen option for worldwide removals and exporting breakbulk or personal effects.
- The Port of Huangpu is a frequently chosen port in China.
- You can choose from the following containers: 20 FT, 40 FT, 40FT HC and Dry Van, Hard-Top, Insulated, Ventilated, Tank, Open-Top containers.
- Sea freight shipping to harbor Huangpu from Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Step-by-step plan for exporting a container in October 2022
- Select the suitable container
- Major Types of Cargo Transported by Sea
- Everything about international transportation (FAQ)
Shipping to Huangpu (CNHUA) from Rotterdam (NLRTM)
Ocean freight shipping is a cost-effective option to ship goods internationally. Your goods are stored in shipping containers. The freight forwarder (the middleman) will reserve a container for you. The freight goes by truck to the shipping vessel at the port of Huangpu (CN HUA), and will be transported by sea to the addressee at the port of destination. They offer solutions like port-to-port, door-to-door, door-to-port or port-to-door. In the table below we share facts about the port of destination.
|Port of departure||Port of Rotterdam (NLRTM)|
|Country of departure||Netherlands|
|Port of destination||Port of Huangpu|
|Country of destination||China|
|Transit Time||+/- 47 days|
|Local address||Gangqian Road 12 Guangzhou Shi, China|
|Telephone number||– not available –|
Freight Forwarder Rotterdam – port of Huangpu
- Details of your shipment
Enter the origin of shipment and the destination harbor. Specify your preference: full containers (FCL) or (LCL) Less Container Load. Also select the desired size (20-ft, 40-ft of a high cube).
- Prepare your package
To start with, ensure the cargo is packed appropriately for carriage. To limit damage, it is best to pack the freight on pallets. Don’t forget to label the cargo!
- Common Export Documents
When you transport your goods to Huangpu (CNHUA), you should think about up-to-date export documents (for the national customs): export/import customs declaration, certificates of origin, commercial invoice, bill of lading, packing declaration. A Bill of Lading is a document or electronic invoice released by a shipping agency or carrier to the shipper to acknowledge that they have received the goods and noticing that the cargo is well packed for transport.
- Selecting the best Incoterms
Incoterms are the terms used in international shipping to define the rights and obligations of both the buyer and seller. The Incoterm determines who is responsible for e.g transport, insurance and the relevant documents for transport. Popular incoterms are Cost, Insurance Freight (CIF), Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), Free On Board (FOB).
- Track and Trace shipment
Use cargo tracking to check where your container is right now. You can check easily when the shipping is departed from Port of Loading, arrived at the port of arrival (POD) and when your cargo has been unloaded at the final destination.
Sea freight from Huangpu (CNHUA) to Rotterdam (NLRTM): find a container that suits your cargo
Would you like to ship a container from port of Huangpu – (CN HUA) to port of Rotterdam – (NL RTM)? Compare the options and get a suitable container. There are different sizes (20-ft, 40-ft) and all kind of container conditions (LCL shipping or FCL shipment). You can have your cargo transported by multiple shipping lines. The port offers an excellent connection to surrounding cities. In the section below we put everything together and offer information about the most popular products. We also offer more information about Documentary Credit.
Explanation of the twenty foot container
20-foot containers (some people call it dry van) is the most common container worldwide. They are easy to load, access, and handle, which ensures low handling costs. Suitable for different kinds of storage including personal items and removals. What you might not know: 1 TEU is equivalent to 1 20 feet long container.
- This box is often used for the transportation of cargo via ocean shipments.
- A 20-foot container is described in terms of size as: 5898 (l) x 2390 (h) x 2350 (w) mm.
- Usually, 9-11 pallets are able to fit in one TEU.
- In terms of weight load, the following applies: +/- 27.100 kg.
What you need to know about the 40 FT container
The 40-foot container is identical to the 20-foot container, but once the size. Many types of goods can be shipped within these boxes. This makes it a popular choice for transporting bulk goods by sea. Finally, there exist a bigger and higher ‘high cube’ choice. They are 9’6 tall. Very suitable for high products.
- Often chosen for large loads.
- The dimensions are as follows: 12 x 2,3 x 2,4 m.
- It can carry between 23 and 24 Europallets in one tier.
- Important: maximum load weight of +/- 28.300 kg.
Ocean Freight Rate Calculator: get a free quote
Request a quote without obligation for the costs of your shipment
When do i need a Full Container Load (FCL)?
If you want to ship a lot of cargo, then a full container is often worth it. This is known as an FCL (Full Container Load). There is no need to share it with other shippers. The advantages are great: It guarantees a faster transit time, limited chance of damage and and it costs less at the bottom of the line. Of course there are also downsides: it is not efficient for small cargo types and less convenient delivery options. There are also other departure ports. See for example Antwerp to Huangpu (CNHUA) and Hamburg to Huangpu (CNHUA).
- The premise of FCL is that the volume is large enough to fill a whole container by one customer.
- Perfect for bulk, expensive and fragile goods.
- Relevant when you are sending more than 15 m3.
- Available at: e.g. MSC, Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, COSCO, Maersk.
In which situations do I choose an LCL container?
When you want to save money and don’t need a full container, a shared container can be used. This is known as LCL (Less Than Container Load). The premise of LCL is that you share space with others. The advantages of this option include: you can send some good in a cheap way, reduces the costs of keeping a high inventory of goods stored and easy time-management and scheduling. Worth mentioning: once you have more than half a container worth of goods, then FCL is probably your best bet. The total shipping costs are related to volume, usually in cubic meters (CBM).
- The goal of LCL is that you make use of a partial container for the transportation.
- Ideal for transport volumes between 2 m3 & 13 m3.
- Deal for cargo that does not fill the entire container.
- More Availability During Peak Season.
- Available at: e.g. Wan Hai, Evergreen, HMM, POL, ZIM.
Other special types of containers
There are many different types of boxes available for transporting your cargo. Shipping companies offer a suitable solution for every cargo type. The Dry Van is most commonly used in maritime transport. There are innovative and special constructions for oils, grain, flour, or unique high value cargo. We give a short explanation below. You can also look further at transport options in Ranong (THUNN), port of Ranong (THUNN), Jawaharlal Nehru (INNSA) harbor and terminal Pyeongtaek (KRPTK).
- Bulk Containers: used for transport of foodstuffs or bulk such as wheat, rice and corn.
- Flat Rack Containers: usually used for the transportation or storage of cargo with unique dimensions.
- Hard-Top Containers: the latter has a removable roof due to which the door header can be pivoted outside.
- High-Cube Containers: perfect for carrying larger sized cargo and storing bigger items.
- Insulated Containers: offer affordable, secure, warm and dry storage space.
- Open-Top Containers: is a shipping box without a roof.
- Palletwide Containers: ideal for transporting euro pallets.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers maintain a stable temperature inside.
- Tank Containers: if you want to transport a large quantity of liquid as bulk cargo.
- Ventilated Containers: suitable for goods that evaporate a lot of condensation.
Kind of load: what are you going to transport?
Exporting stuff by sea from Rotterdam (NLRTM) to Huangpu (CNHUA) is very popular because of attractive pricing, best for Bulky Goods and eco-friendly. Relevant ocean cargo categories shipped via sea routes are: dry bulk, roll on/roll off, break bulk, neo bulk, containerized. Below you will find a brief summary.
- Car shipping: you can ship your vehicle practically anywhere in the world.
- House Moving: excellent logistic support in case of relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): your household effects are shipped precisely and neatly.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. biofuels, kerosene, diesel, chemicals, petroleum, hydrogen.
- Dry Bulk: coal, grain, iron ore and plates, rods, cement, sugar.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): means that the cargo is moved on and off the vessel on wheels.
- Breakbulk: cargo that is transported in bags, boxes, crates, drums or barrels.
- Retail & other: goods like medical/pharmacy, sports equipment, clothes, toys, electronic goods & furniture, drinks, fashion, machines, food.
All you need to know about international transport (FAQ)
Shipping a container from Rotterdam (NL) to Huangpu takes around 47 days. The ship has to cover a distance of about 11200 nautical miles (M). That equates to 20742 kilometers. When you export something, you get 2 types of important values: ETD and ETA. ETD is about the expected departure time of the ship. ETA It is the date and time that the vessel has been scheduled to arrive into port. The precise shipping time depends on condition of the hull and the propeller, wind force and wind direction and cargo flows.
Shipping rates from Rotterdam (Netherlands) to Huangpu (China) are relatively cheap. The total sum is determined by various factors such as container size, shipping route and conditions. Fill in the application form for the best rates and current transit times.
When you are exporting goods to Huangpu, then the customs clearance will also pass. You need to present the following documents: Insurance Certificate, Bill of Lading, Certificate of Origin, Letter of Credit, Packing List, Commercial Invoice. For more substantive information and tips then we advise you to contact the customs of China or take a look at the website (www.gov.cn).
Incoterms are a widely used system to define, simplify and clarify transactions between an exporter and an importer. Common sea freight incoterms are CIF and FOB. Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) means the selling party covers the cost and freight of bringing the goods to the port of origin. The meaning of Free on Board (FOB) is the selling party is fully liable for the goods until they are loaded on a shipping vessel. Other commonly used Incoterms 2000 are e.g. Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Carriage Paid To (CPT), Free Carrier (FCA), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) & Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Delivered At Place (DAP), Cost and Freight (CFR).