Container shipping Antwerp to Qingdao
Would you like to ship a container from Antwerp to Qingdao (CNQIN)? Sea freight has many advantages: it’s perfect for heavy and bulky items, you have low maintenance costs and it is eco-friendly. Transporting a sea container with breakbulk or equipment is very easy with e.g. Global Feeder Shipping LLC. They can get you all kind of containers. Shipping lines offer the choice between Full Container Load (FCL) and a partial filled container (LCL). Via our transport specialists you will get useful information about international transport Qingdao (CN QIN). We offer useful information about how to choose a suitable container for your freight. You can make use of our practical step-by-step plan. Send you shipping details and get a quote with extensive pricing details.
- Ocean shipping is a professional, staunch and cheap way to transport large and heavy loads.
- When we compare it to air transport, you can transport larger volumes for a better price.
- Sea freight is a solution for worldwide movings and shipping breakbulk or motorbikes.
- The Port of Qingdao offers excellent transit options in China.
- Commonly container types are: normal 20 & 40 foot, High Cube and Flat Rack, Insulated, Dry Van, Open-Top, Tank, Ventilated containers.
- Worldwide shipping to harbor Qingdao from Antwerp (Belgium)
- Container export tips in June 2023
- Different types and dimensions of containers
- Types of Cargo Shipped by Sea Freight Transport
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions about international transport
Shipping to Qingdao (CNQIN) from Antwerp (BEANR)
Ocean freight shipping is the process of transporting large quantities of goods across the sea. Your personal stuff is wrapped up in shipping containers. The intermediary (freight forwarder) have a special container prepared. Your goods are loaded into the shipping vessel at the port of Qingdao (CN QIN), and will be transported by sea to the importer at the POD (port of destination). You need to make a choose out of: door-to-door, port-to-port, port-to-door, door-to-port. In the table below you can read different kind of info about the POD (Port Of Destination).
|Port of departure||Port of Antwerp (BEANR)|
|Country of departure||Belgium|
|Port of destination||Port of Qingdao|
|Country of destination||China|
|Transport Time||+/- 46 days|
|Local address||Port Administration Office, 6 Gangqing Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266011, China|
Freight Forwarder Antwerp – port of Qingdao
- Details of your shipment
Enter the port of origin and the POD. Decide if you will ship (FCL) Full Container Load or LCL (Less than Container Load). Also select the desired size (20-foot, 40-foot, or a 40-foot high cube).
- Pack you load
First of all, you need to make sure your load is packed correctly. To limit damage, it is best to pack the freight on pallets. Also make sure you have good labels.
- Export documents
If you are going to transport goods to Qingdao (CNQIN), you will need several export documents (to the national customs): certificates of origin, packing declaration, commercial invoice, export/import customs declaration, bill of lading. A Bill of Lading is a standard-form document issued by the carrier or agent to acknowledge that they have received the goods and that everything is ready to ship.
- Choosing the Incoterms
Incoterms are relevant terms for worldwide shipping to define the responsibilities and costs between two parties correctly. The Incoterm determines how much responsibility you have for the cost and risk of transportation, insurance, duties payable and clearing customs. The most common incoterms are Cost, Insurance Freight (CIF), Ex Works (EXW), Delivery Duty Paid (DDP).
- Shipping Container Tracking and Tracing
Use cargo tracking to check where your load is right now. You can check the status when the shipping is loaded at the POL (port of origin), arrived at Port of Destination (POD) and when it has arrived at the final destination.
Sea freight from Qingdao (CNQIN) to Antwerp (BEANR): find a suitable container
You need to ship a container from port of Qingdao – (CN QIN) to port of Antwerp – (BE ANR)? Make sure you book the right container for your cargo. Based on your load you choose a size (20-ft, 40-ft) and different ways to fill a container (LCL shipping or FCL shipment). Major shipping lines that sail here include APL, China Shipping, CMA CGM, Evergreen, FESCO, Hanjin, Hapag-Lloyd, Maersk, MOL, MSC, NYK, OOCL, ZIM. The port offers an excellent connection to Qingdao, Jiaonan, Jiaozhou, Jimo, Gaomi, Zhucheng, Pingdu, Shuiji, Rizhao, Laiyang, Anqiu, Hanting, Laizhou, Weifang, Juxian, Qixia, Zhaocheng, Yishui, Shizilu, Linqu. In the section below you can read all important information about the most popular container types. We are happy to provide you with more information about Air Freight vs Ocean Freight.
Explanation about a 20 FT container
Twenty Foot Containers (also known under the name dry van) is the most commonly used size. They are easy to stack on the vessel, which ensures low handling costs. Suitable for all types of cargo, including household goods or international movings. Pro tip: The term “TEU” stands for twenty-foot equivalent unit.
- This box is widely used for the transportation of cargo via ocean shipments.
- A 20-foot container is described in terms of size as: 5.90m x 2,35m x 2,39m.
- The container can be loaded with 11 pallets.
- The maximum load is about +/- 27.800 kilogram.
Explanation of the 40ft container
The 40-foot container offers twice as much space as the 20-footer. They are very suitable for e.g. industrial goods and retail products. It is especially intended for shipping large volumes of cargo. Finally, there are also special extra tall ‘high cube’ version. It has an exterior height of 9’6” (1 foot taller than normal). This ensures that your cargo/goods can be loaded higher.
- The ideal means of transport for large loads.
- The dimensions of a 40-foot container are: 12,2 x 2,44 x 2,59 meter.
- The 40’ft container can hold up to 24 EU pallets.
- In terms of goods, there is a weight limit of +/- 28.100 kg.
Ocean Freight Rate Calculator: 40 / 20 Ft Sea Container Shipping Cost
Get instant prices from several major shipping lines worldwide
Information about FCL containers
When you need a lot of container space, then it is usually better to book a full container. Transport specialists call this Full Container Load (FCL). You don’t have to share space with others. There are many pluses: quick transit time, chance of damage is reduced to a minimum and and it is cheaper per unit. There are of course also drawbacks: it is not suitable for small cargo and less convenient delivery options. Transporting cargo from another port? Also see Rotterdam to Qingdao (CNQIN) and Hamburg to Qingdao (CNQIN).
- FCL Means that means that your goods are stored in a fully owned container.
- Suitable for as many small items on pallets as large goods.
- It is cheaper when the shipment uses more than 10 pallets.
- Available at: e.g. Maersk, COSCO, CMA CGM, ONE, MSC.
What is a Less than container (LCL)?
When you have too little goods to fill a full container, you can ship it in a shared container with other shipments. Logistics management organization handles this as a LCL (Less Than Container Load). The premise of LCL is that you share the container with other importers. You consciously opt for various benefits such as: you’re only charged for the space you are using, less inventory costs & management and it is faster during peak-season. Important: if your goods can fill up half of the container space, it is often cheaper to book a full container. LCL shipping charges are generally computed based on volume and weight.
- The idea of LCL is that your cargo will be placed into a partial container.
- For low-volume shipments of between 1,5 m3 & 15 m3.
- You only pay for the space you need in a shipping.
- Can be booked via practical all shipping lines.
- Available at: e.g. ZIM, Evergreen, Wan Hai, Yang Ming, POL.
Various other types of containers
The range of boxes is very varied for transporting your cargo. There is a suitable solution for every type of cargo. A Dry van is the most common type of freight transportation. But there are also specific options for oil, petroleum, and freshwater, onions, potatoes, vegetables or unique high value cargo. We explain everything below. Be sure to check out the transport options to Shenzhen (CNSNZ), port of Doha (QADOH), Surabaya (IDSUB) harbor and terminal Qasim (PKBQM).
- Bulk Containers: used for transport of foodstuffs or bulk such as wheat and other grain crops.
- Flat Rack Containers: internationally used when the cargo cannot fit inside a standard box.
- Hard-Top Containers: for shipping a wide range of dry cargo and mass freight.
- High-Cube Containers: perfect for carrying larger sized cargo and storing bigger items.
- Insulated Containers: ideal for Short-Term Storage or Short-Hop Journeys.
- Open-Top Containers: also have end doors, like closed containers, to give flexibility for loading and unloading.
- Palletwide Containers: specially designed for stowing large quantities of Euro pallets.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers are ideal for cold storage like perishables, frozen goods and pharmaceutical products.
- Tank Containers: a cylindrical-shaped container primarily made of stainless steel.
- Ventilated Containers: make use of extra fans, air tubes, and ventilation flaps.
Cargo types: which items do you want to transport by sea?
Exporting load by ocean from Antwerp (BEANR) to Qingdao (CNQIN) has a lot of pluses: attractive costs, high sea vessel load capacity and containers can also be used for further transportation by road or rail. Popular types of ocean cargo imported via sea shipping includes: neo bulk, dry bulk, containerized, liquid bulk, roll on/roll off. Below we explain some goods/cargo.
- Car shipping: it saves money and time to to have your vehicle shipped.
- House Moving: your international relocation will be less time-consuming and more efficient.
- Removals (Household Goods): Ships your household effects / furniture quickly and affordable.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. hydrogen, chemicals, kerosene, diesel, petroleum, biofuels.
- Dry Bulk: iron ore, coal, grain and things like sand, lumber, coils, sugar.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): one of the most flexible methods of shipping vehicles overseas.
- Breakbulk: ships carrying break-bulk cargo are often called general cargo ships.
- Retail & other: products like electronic goods, medical/pharmacy, sports equipment, toys, art and antiques & furniture, drinks, fashion, shoes, food.
All about international transport (FAQ)
Shipping a container from Antwerp (BE) to Qingdao takes on average 46 days. The ship has to cover a distance of about 10700 nautical miles (NM). 1 NM is about 1.85 km. The total distance is 19816 km. When you ship a sea container, you will receive updates about the ETD and ETA. ETD means the Expected or Estimated Time of Departure. ETA stands for Estimated time of arrival of the ship or truck. The exact shipping time has several factors: the boat speed, weather conditions and possible maintenance.
Shipping rates from Antwerp (Belgium) to Qingdao (China) are relatively cheap. The total costs are determined by various features such as cargo dimension, period of the year and incoterms. Fill in the request form for a clear quote and estimated shipping time.
When you are exporting goods to Qingdao, there are documents you need for customs clearance. The following documents should be provided: Certificate of Origin, Bill of Lading, Import/export Licenses, Commercial Invoice, Letter of Credit, Packing List. For more substantive information and tips then we advise you to contact the customs of China or take a look at the website (www.qdport.com).
Incoterms are a set of globally recognized trade rules organized into 11 abbreviated terms. For sea transportation, we usually use FOB and CIF. CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight) means the seller takes care of transportation and insurance to the port of destination. The meaning of Free on Board (FOB) is the selling party is fully liable for the goods until they are loaded onto a shipping vessel. In addition, there are other Incoterms 2000 like e.g. Free Carrier (FCA), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Carriage Paid To (CPT) & Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), Cost and Freight (CFR), Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP).