Container shipping Antwerp to Ningbo
You want to ship a container from Antwerp to Ningbo (CNNGB)? Sea freight has many pluses: you can ship many goods for an attractive price, it is efficient and it is trustworthy. Shipping a container with sea freight such as liquid bulk or cars and other vehicles can be arranged by shipping companies such as Hapag-Lloyd. Shipping lines offer various types of containers. A big difference is being made between a complete full container (FCL) and (LCL) Less Container Load. Via this website you will receive lots of practical information regarding international transport Ningbo (CN NGB). We share comprehensive information about how to choose a suitable container for your freight. You will also find a step-by-step export plan. Send you shipping details and get a quote with a competitive rate.
- Ocean shipping is a reliable, trouble-free and affordable way to ship your goods to anywhere in the world.
- When we compare it to air transport, it is cheaper and there are less restrictions.
- Sea freight is recommended for worldwide relocations and the transit of food or motorbikes.
- The Port of Ningbo is a much-chosen harbor in China.
- Commonly container types are: 20 FT, 40 FT, 40FT HC and Insulated, Dry Van, Flat Rack, Open-Top, Ventilated, Tank containers.
Table of contents
- Shipment to harbor Ningbo from Antwerp (Belgium)
- Step-by-step plan for exporting a container in October 2022
- Different types and dimensions of containers
- Overview freight types for ocean shipping
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions about international transport
Shipping to Ningbo (CNNGB) from Antwerp (BEANR)
Ocean freight shipping is the process of shipping goods by sea using containers. Your cargo is transferred in shipping containers. The middleman (freight forwarder) will arrange the container. The cargo will be trucked to the shipping vessel at the port of departure (POD) Ningbo (CN NGB), and will be shipped by ocean to the importer at the arrival port. They can get you services like port-to-port, door-to-port, door-to-door, port-to-port. In the next section you can read different kind of info about the arrival port.
|Port of departure||Port of Antwerp (BEANR)|
|Country of departure||Belgium|
|Port of destination||Port of Ningbo|
|Country of destination||China|
|Transit Time||+/- 46 days|
|Local address||Port Administration Office, 496 Yanjiang Dong Road, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315200, China|
Freight Forwarder Antwerp – port of Ningbo
- Select shipment details
Enter the port of origin (POO) and the arrival port. Specify your preference: FCL (Full Container Load) or partial shipments (LCL). You can choose from a small or large container (20ft, 40ft of 40ft HC).
- Pack you load
Firstly, ensure the freight is properly packaged. To avoid nasty accidents, it is a good idea to use pallets. Your cargo must also be easily recognizable with labels.
- Documents Required for Exporting
If you are going to transport cargo to Ningbo (CNNGB), you will need relevant export documents (for the national customs): bill of lading, export/import customs declaration, certificates of origin, packing list, commercial invoice. The definition of a Bill of Lading is a document that is provided to the shipper to acknowledge the receipt of cargo and that the load is prepared for shipping.
- Determine the transfer of risk (Incoterm)
Incoterms are relevant for traders to define obligations, costs, and risks involved in the delivery of goods. The Incoterm determines who is responsible for e.g transport, insurance and duty related matters. Much chosen incoterms are Ex Works (EXW), Cost, Insurance Freight (CIF), Free On Board (FOB).
- Ocean freight tracking
Use cargo and container tracking to see where your shipment is right now. You can see 24/7 when the freight has been departed from POL (Port of loading), has arrived at the destination (POD) and when your cargo has been unloaded at the final destination.
Sea freight from Ningbo (CNNGB) to Antwerp (BEANR): pick your container
You want to export goods and ship a container from port of Ningbo – (CN NGB) to port of Antwerp – (BE ANR)? Compare the options and book the right container for your cargo. Based on your load you choose a size (20 foot, 40 foot) and all kind of container conditions (LCL shipping or FCL shipping). There are several international shipping lines that transport your cargo. There is a good connection to important cities in the area. In the following summary we help you choose the right type and provide info about the most common sizes and types. You can also click through to our page about Hard-Top Container.
Explanation about a 20 FT container
20 FT containers (also known as dry van) is the most commonly type for shipment in ocean freight. They are easy to stack, that means they are quite cheap. Suitable for different kinds of storage including household goods and movings. What you might not know: The term “TEU” stands for twenty-foot equivalent unit.
- One of the most rented boxes for transporting goods by means of shipping.
- The size of a 20-foot container is: 5,9 x 2,4 x 2,4 meter.
- The container can be loaded with 11 pallets.
- The maximum load is about +/- 27.900 kilogram.
Details of a 40 FT container
A 40 foot container is widely used on (standard) ships. They can carry far more cargo at once. This makes it a very popular choice for shipping large cargo by sea. In conclusion, there are also special 40 foot containers such as the ‘high cube’ variant. It has an exterior height of 9’6” (1 foot taller than normal). This ensures that your cargo/goods can be loaded higher.
- Perfect for larger shipments.
- The dimensions are the same internationally: 12,2 x 2,44 x 2,59 meter.
- The FEU can hold between 20 and 24 pallets.
- The maximum load is +/- 28.000 kg.
Ocean Freight Volume Calculator: 40 / 20 Ft Sea Container Shipping Cost
Receive current shipping rates directly in your mailbox
Full Container (FCL)
If you have enough goods to fill an entire container, then renting a full container is the most interesting. Within the logistics sector this is called FCL (Full Container Load). You don’t have to share space with others. The benefits are great: faster transit time, chance of damage is reduced to a minimum and it’s more cost-effective. You have to pay attention to a few things: it is expensive for small loads and there is only limited availability. Have your cargo depart from another port? See also Rotterdam to Ningbo (CNNGB) or Hamburg to Ningbo (CNNGB).
- FCL Means that means that you have the entire container space to yourself.
- Perfect for the transportation of large amounts.
- Recommended for shipments from 15 m3.
- Available at: e.g. ONE, MSC, COSCO, Maersk, CMA CGM.
What is the meaning of LCL container?
If you do not need a full container, aks our freight forwarders to possibilities for a shared container. This is known as LCL (Less Than Container Load). With LCL transport, you share the container with other importers. There are many benefits like: you pay only for the volume you need, reduces the costs of keeping a high inventory of goods stored and more flexible during intense shipping season. Watch out: if you have a cargo load that is more than half a container unit, then FCL is a better choice. The shipping costs are calculated on the basis of number of pieces, weight, volume, packaging.
- LCL Means that means that your shipment is taking up only a part of a partial container.
- A good solution for shipping volumes between 1,5 m3 & 14,5 m3.
- Cost-effective for freight forwarders with smaller shipment volumes.
- Easier to book during peak season.
- Available at: e.g. Wan Hai, POL, Yang Ming, Evergreen, ZIM.
Other special types of containers
There are many different types of boxes available for shipping your items. There is a suitable solution for every type of cargo. The most popular version is of course the Dry van. Special boxes are also being used for liquids, fruit, vegetables, meat, fish or other special goods. We’ve explained it all below. We also provide more information about sea transportation to Sidney Harbour (CASDY), port of Male (MVMLE), New York (USNYC) harbor and terminal Saint George’s (GDSTG).
- Bulk Containers: often used for dry bulk cargo like wheat and other grain crops.
- Flat Rack Containers: a flat rack only has walls or support post on the ends.
- Hard-Top Containers: the walls are generally made of corrugated steel.
- High-Cube Containers: ideal for secure storage, particularly of valuable equipment or machinery.
- Insulated Containers: for shipping of products that need to be maintained at specific temperatures.
- Open-Top Containers: for exporting products that don’t fit in a regular container.
- Palletwide Containers: ideal for transporting euro pallets.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers are perfect for refrigerated transport of nutritional goods and medicaments.
- Tank Containers: if you want to transport a large quantity of liquid as bulk cargo.
- Ventilated Containers: are fitted with additional ventilation holes.
Load types: which items do you want to transport by sea?
Shipping stuff by ocean from Antwerp (BEANR) to Ningbo (CNNGB) is very popular because of low maintenance cost, very safe and secure and minimal restrictions. Relevant ocean cargo categories imported via sea shipping includes: dry bulk, neo bulk, roll on/roll off, liquid bulk, break bulk. Below we tell you everything about it.
- Car shipping: have your vehicle shipped to an international port.
- House Moving: solid help and assistance for relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): quickly and easily ship your household effects to another city.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. chemicals, kerosene, diesel, hydrogen, gasoline, biofuels.
- Dry Bulk: iron ore, coal, grain but also lumber, rods, cement, plates.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): a type of shipping that is used for transporting things such as vehicles.
- Breakbulk: are frequently packaged in smaller boxes: bags, boxes, cartons, crates, drums, or barrels/vats.
- Retail & other: items like clothes, electronic goods, medical/pharmacy, toys, sports equipment + food, furniture, drinks, machines, fashion.
FAQ: frequently asked questions and answers regarding international transport
Shipping a container from Antwerp (BE) to Ningbo takes approximately 46 days. The total distance is approx. 10700 nautical miles. Converted that is 19816 km. If you choose transport by sea, you get 2 types of important values: ETD and ETA. Estimated time of departure (ETD) is when the ship is estimated to leave the port. ETA stands for Estimated time of arrival of the ship or truck. The exact shipping time depends on the boat speed, sea weather condition and delay at the port.
Shipping rates from Antwerp (Belgium) to Ningbo (China) are relatively cheap. The total price tag is determined by a number of factors like container size, shipping route and local handling fees. Request a quote without obligation for additional information, transit time and current rates.
When you send goods to Ningbo, then customs clearance is an important step. The following documents need to be in place for effective and easy customs clearance. Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Bill of Lading, Certificate of Origin, Insurance Certificate, Letter of Credit. For additional information, you can contact the customs of China or visit the website of the port / gouvernment (www.nbport.com.cn/wps/portal).
Incoterms decide the responsibility of both the exporter and also the importer of goods. The two most important Incoterms in sea transport are FOB and CIF. Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) means the exporter pays for delivering the goods to the port of destination. By Free on Board (FOB) we mean the seller must arrange all processes concerning the freight until all cargo is on the ship. Optionally one can also select one of the other Incoterms 2000 such as Ex Works (EXW), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Carriage Paid To (CPT) + Delivered At Place (DAP), Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Cost and Freight (CFR).