Container shipping Rotterdam to Jakarta
Are you looking for ways to ship a container from Rotterdam to Jakarta (IDJKT)? Sea freight has many advantages: you can ship large volumes at low costs, it is efficient and it is safe. Ship a container overseas with food or cars can be arranged by shipping companies such as Transworld Group. When you want to forward a container, you can choose from various types of containers. A big difference is being made between (FCL) full containers and a shared container (LCL). Via containershippingservice.com we share accurate information for international transport Jakarta (ID JKT). We provide extensive information about how to choose a suitable container for your freight. You will also find a practical step-by-step plan. Contact u directly and we will prepare a quote with great prices and shipping conditions.
- Ocean shipping is a good, secure and cheap way to import and export goods internationally.
- Compared to air freight, it offers more capacity and value.
- Sea freight is suitable for worldwide movings and shipping liquids or cars.
- The Port of Jakarta is an important logistics artery in Indonesia.
- We handle a wide variety of container sizes including: 20 foot, 40 foot and Dry Van, Insulated, Flat Rack, Tank, Refrigerated, Open-Top containers.
- Sea freight shipping to harbor Jakarta from Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Tips for exporting containers in December 2022
- Choose your container
- Which cargo types can I transport by sea?
- FAQ: current topics around international transport
Shipping to Jakarta (IDJKT) from Rotterdam (NLRTM)
Ocean freight shipping is a cost-effective solution for shipping goods across the seas internationally. Your personal stuff is put on a container with pellets. The freight forwarder company have a special container prepared. The cargo will be trucked to the shipping vessel at the port of departure (POD) Jakarta (ID JKT), and will be shipped over the ocean to the agent at the destination harbor. You can choose for: port-to-port, door-to-port, door-to-door, port-to-port. In the attached table we provide you with details about the arrival port.
|Port of departure||Port of Rotterdam (NLRTM)|
|Country of departure||Netherlands|
|Port of destination||Port of Jakarta|
|Country of destination||Indonesia|
|Transport Time||+/- 38 days|
|Port address||JL.Raya Pelabuhan No.9, Tanjung Priok, Jakarta 14310, Indonesia|
Freight Forwarder Rotterdam – port of Jakarta
- Enter freight details
Enter the port of origin (POO) and the POD. Determine your container terms: Full Container Load (FCL) or partial shipments (LCL). Also select the desired size (20ft, 40ft of 40ft HC).
- Packing the freight
Obviously, ensure the cargo is packed appropriately for carriage. To avoid nasty accidents, it is best to pack the freight on pallets. Your load also need to be labelled in the right way.
- Export documents
When you transport cargo to Jakarta (IDJKT), please pay attention to the necessary several export documents (for correct national customs papers): certificates of origin, bill of lading, export/import customs declaration, commercial invoice, packing declaration. A Bill of Lading is a required document released by a shipping agency or carrier to the shipper describing the correct state of goods and confirm that the items are well packed for shipment.
- Make a choice for Incoterms
Incoterms are relevant terms for worldwide shipping to agree on the most important contractual terms and obligations for global trade. The Incoterm states who takes care of, among other things, export/import documents, insurances and transport. For freight by sea, these are the most popular terms: Ex Works (EXW), Free On Board (FOB), Delivery Duty Paid (DDP).
- Ship Live Tracking
Use cargo tracking to check where your freight is right now. You can check easily when the vessel is registered at the POO (port of load), arrived at Port of delivery (POD) and when the carrier arrived at the final location.
Sea freight from Jakarta (IDJKT) to Rotterdam (NLRTM): pick your container
You received an order and want to ship a container from port of Jakarta – (ID JKT) to port of Rotterdam – (NL RTM)? It is crucial to ask an appropriate container. Based on your load you choose a size (20-ft, 40-ft) and different ways to fill a container (FCL shipping or LCL shipping). Examples of shipping lines serving the port are APL, CMA CGM, Evergreen, Hamburg Sud, Hanjin, K Line, MOL, MSC, NYK, OOCL. Important towns around the port are Jakarta, Bekasi, Ciputat, Teluknaga, Tangerang, Parung, Pamulang, Sepatan, Curug, Cibitung, Serpong, Cileungsi, Citeureup, Cikarang, Pasarkemis, Cibinong, Tambun, Cikupa, Sawangan, Cisarua. Below you can compare all types and read more about the most popular products. You may also like: Shipping lines.
Information and benefits of 20 FT container
20 ft. containers (which is a standard dry van) is the most versatile container type. They are quite easy to transport, that means they are quite cheap. Suitable for different kinds of storage including household goods and international removals. Nice to know: A TEU is a standard container with a length of 20 feet.
- One of the most rented boxes for the transportation of cargo via ocean shipments.
- A 20-foot container has a surface area of: 5898 (l) x 2390 (h) x 2350 (w) mm.
- It can hold between 9 and 11 pallets.
- A lot can be loaded in terms of goods weight: +/- 27.300 kg.
Information and benefits of 40 FT container
The 40-foot container offers twice as much space as the 20-footer. They can carry between 23 and 24 Europallets in one tier. This makes it a popular choice for shipping large cargo by sea. What you may not know: you can also choose a higher ‘high cube’ edition. They are 1 foot higher than a regular container. Ideal if you have high cargo.
- The ideal means of transport for large loads.
- The dimensions are as follows: 12031 x 2346 x 2383 mm.
- 1 FEU fit up to 20 Standard Pallets, and 24 Euro Pallets.
- Pay attention to the weight limit of +/- 28.300 kilogram.
Instant Ocean Freight Rates: instant shipping rates
Compare costs from popular international transport companies
What are the advantages and disadvantages of FCL containers?
When you need a lot of container space, then a full container is often worth it. The abbreviation FCL stands for Full Container Load. You don’t need to share it with other merchandise. There are many pluses: quick transit time, a smaller chance of damage to the freight and you take advantage of economies of scale. Important to mention: it is not suitable for importers and exporters with lower shipping volume and it can be a financial risk with a larger inventory. Another departure port? Also check Antwerp to Jakarta (IDJKT) and Hamburg to Jakarta (IDJKT).
- FCL Means that means that you have the entire container space to yourself.
- Perfect for bulk, expensive and fragile goods.
- It is cheaper when the shipment uses more than 10 pallets.
- Available at: e.g. MSC, Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd, ONE, CMA CGM.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of LCL containers?
When you want to save money and don’t need a full container, a shared container can be used. Transport organizations describe that as Less Than Container Load (LCL). The goal of LCL is that you just pay for the amount of space used in a single container. You consciously opt for various benefits such as: perfect for shipping small loads, storage and insurance is advantageous and it is faster during peak-season. Remark: if you can fill more than half of a container, then it is often more interesting to go for an FCL shipping. The shipping rates are based on shipping dimensions, weight, and number of pieces.
- With LCL transport, you make use of a partial container for the transportation.
- Ideal for transport volumes between 1,5 m3 & 15 m3.
- Cost-effective for freight forwarders with smaller shipment volumes.
- Capabilities at almost all international ports.
- Available at: e.g. HMM, Wan Hai, Yang Ming, POL, ZIM.
Information about other types of containers
There are many different types of boxes available for the international transport of your cargo by sea. Each type of cargo needs a different solution. The Dry van is the variant that most people will recognize. There are also special possibilities for liquids, vegetables and fruit or very expensive items. We’ve explained it all below. Are you looking for another destination? Also look at possibilities for Rijeka (HRRJK), port of Vitoria (SCPOV), Puerto Cortes (HNPCR) harbor and terminal Nagoya (JPNGO).
- Bulk Containers: used to ship a broad range of dry cargo like grain and coal.
- Flat Rack Containers: usually used for the transportation or storage of cargo with unique dimensions.
- Hard-Top Containers: used for bulk cargo like cement, automotive, construction goods, steel, etc.
- High-Cube Containers: ideal when a slightly larger volume capacity is needed.
- Insulated Containers: ideal for Short-Term Storage or Short-Hop Journeys.
- Open-Top Containers: the top is open and is covered with a strong rubber tarpaulin rather than a solid roof.
- Palletwide Containers: are adequate for shipping Euro-pallets because of the interior dimensions.
- Refrigerated Containers: a reefer is capable of refrigeration for the transportation of temperature-sensitive and perishable cargo.
- Tank Containers: for the transport of liquids, gases and powders as bulk cargo.
- Ventilated Containers: the best option for for organic products.
Main types of ocean cargo: what do you want to transport by sea?
Importing load by ocean from Rotterdam (NLRTM) to Jakarta (IDJKT) has many benefits: low maintenance cost, there are lots of different shipping options and the Duty and VAT are much less expensive than air freight. Relevant ocean cargo categories transported by sea include: dry bulk, neo bulk, containerized, roll on/roll off, liquid bulk. Below we give an explanation.
- Car shipping: it saves money and time to to have your vehicle shipped.
- House Moving: your belongings will be safe and secured with international relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): your household effects are shipped in a fast and secure manner.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. biofuels, gasoline, kerosene, diesel, petroleum, chemicals.
- Dry Bulk: iron ore, coal, grain and things like sugar, plates, coils, cement.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): one of the most flexible methods of shipping vehicles overseas.
- Breakbulk: relates to trades where the cargoes are carried in unitized form.
- Retail & other: cargo like sports equipment, toys, medical/pharmacy, electronic goods, clothes & fashion, drinks, shoes, furniture, food.
All you need to know about international transport (FAQ)
Shipping a container from Rotterdam (NL) to Jakarta takes around 38 days. The total distance is approximately 9000 nautical miles (M). Converted that is 16668 km. When you ship a sea container, you have to pay close attention to ETD and ETA. Estimated time of departure (ETD) is when the ship is estimated to leave the port. Estimated time of arrival (ETA) is the date and time that a shipment is predicted to arrive. The actual shipping time depends on the boat speed, weather and cargo flows.
Shipping rates from Rotterdam (Netherlands) to Jakarta (Indonesia) are relatively cheap. The total cost depends on various factors such as cargo type, period of the year and freight forwarder handling fees. Message us for more information, a price proposal and transit time.
When sending goods to Jakarta, then you must have the administration in order for customs clearance. Exporters need to include the following documents with their goods: Bill of Lading, Certificate of Origin, Import/export Licenses, Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Insurance Certificate. For more information about these duties please contact the customs of Indonesia or navigate to the website of the port or the government (indonesia.go.id).
Incoterms describe the rights and obligations of both seller and buyer. Popular terms for waterway transportation are FOB and CIF. Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) means the seller bears responsibility for the carriage of the goods up to the port of origin. Terms of Free on Board (FOB): the seller has the responsibility for the cargo till the moment that it’s all loaded into the vessel. There are additionally more Incoterms 2000 like Free Carrier (FCA), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Carriage Paid To (CPT) + Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Delivered At Place (DAP).