Container shipping Rotterdam to Mundra
Are you interested in a way to ship a container from Rotterdam to Mundra (INMUN)? Sea freight has many pluses: you can ship heavy cargo for a good price, it’s transparant much more environmental friendly than air freight. Shipping a container with sea freight such as breakbulk or vehicles is very easy with e.g. HMM Co. Ltd.. Shipping lines offer different types of containers. Shipping lines offer the choice between a full container for yourself (FCL) and a shared container (LCL). Via our transport specialists we share dedicated information for the purpose of international transport Mundra (IN MUN). You will find inside-information about the various sea container types. For this we offer a practical step-by-step plan. Fill out the form and we will gladly send you a tailor-made offer with an attractive price and fast transit time.
- Ocean shipping is a smart, safe and relatively cheap way to ship your goods to anywhere in the world.
- Compared to air freight, you have lower costs and more time for document processing.
- Sea freight is great for international removals and shipping liquid bulk or cars.
- The Port of Mundra is an important hub in India.
- We handle a wide variety of container sizes including: standaard 20 ft, 40 ft and 40 HC and Hard-Top, Flat Rack, Insulated, Refrigerated, Ventilated, Tank containers.
- Ship a container to harbor Mundra from Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Export plan in 5 steps in December 2022
- Choose your container
- Overview with cargo types
- All you need to know about international transport (FAQ)
Shipping to Mundra (INMUN) from Rotterdam (NLRTM)
Ocean freight shipping is the container freight transportation of cargo by shipping lines. Your cargo is loaded into the container. The middleman (freight forwarder) ensures that a container is ready. The freight goes by truck to the shipping vessel at the port of departure Mundra (IN MUN), and will be transported by sea to the agent at the POD (port of destination). They can get you services like port-to-port, door-to-port, port-to-door or door-to-door. In the attached table you will find some basic data of the port of arrival.
|Port of departure||Port of Rotterdam (NLRTM)|
|Country of departure||Netherlands|
|Port of destination||Port of Mundra|
|Country of destination||India|
|Transport Time||+/- 30 days|
|Office address||Post Box No. 1 Mundra (Kutch), Gujarat 370421 India|
Freight Forwarder Rotterdam – port of Mundra
- Shipment details
Enter the port of origin (POO) and the arrival port. Also indicate whether you prefer full containers (FCL) or LCL (Less than Container Load). Also select container size (20-foot, 40-foot, or a 40-foot high cube).
- Loading the freight
As a starting point, make sure your goods are tightly packaged. To prevent accidents, ensure that your cargo is always placed on pallets. Also make sure you have good labels.
- Customs Documentation for Exporters
When exporting goods to Mundra (INMUN), you will need several export documents (for fast customs clearance): packing list, bill of lading, export/import customs declaration, certificates of origin, packing declaration. A Bill of Lading is a document or electronic invoice issued by the carrier or agent confirming goods were received in an acceptable condition and that everything is ready to ship.
- Agree on the conditions (Incoterms)
Incoterms are important to define obligations, costs, and risks involved in the delivery of goods. The chosen Incoterm decides who will pay for things like transit, insurance and customs clearance. The most common incoterms are Cost, Insurance Freight (CIF), Free On Board (FOB), Ex Works (EXW).
- Track your cargo
Use cargo tracking to see where your container is right now. You will get a notification when the vessel is loaded at the POL (port of origin), has arrived at the destination (POD) and when the cargo was transported to the ultimate recipient.
Sea freight from Mundra (INMUN) to Rotterdam (NLRTM): choosing a suitable container
Are you planning to ship a container from port of Mundra – (IN MUN) to port of Rotterdam – (NL RTM)? Make sure you get a suitable container. They are available in different sizes (20 ft, 40 ft) and different container specifications (LCL shipping or FCL shipping). Examples of shipping lines serving the port are APL, CMA CGM, Hamburg Sud, Hanjin, Hapag-Lloyd, K Line, MSC, NYK, OOCL, ZIM. Important towns around the port are Mundra, Sika, Bedi, Jamnagar, Salaya, Anjar, Jodiya, Gandhidham, Kandla, Khambhaliya, Bhuj, Lalpur, Dhrol, Okha, Kalavad, Bhachau, Bhanvad, Paddhari, Tankara, Dwarka. In the section below you can read all important information about the most popular types in the maritime industry. You can also click directly to information about Ventilated Container.
Information and benefits of 20 foot container
20. ft. containers (some people call it dry van) is the most commonly used size. They are relatively easy to ship, which results in lower shipping costs. Suitable for different kinds of storage including personal stuff and international movings. Some extra info: TEU is a standard measurement of volume in container shipping and means 1 20 Foot container.
- A very popular box for transporting cargo via the ocean.
- A 20-foot container know the following size description: 6058mm x 2438mm x 2891mm.
- A 20’ft container can hold eleven pallets.
- You must take into account a maximum permitted weight of +/- 27.500 kilogram.
Important specifications of the 40 foot container
The 40-foot container is identical to the 20-foot container, but once the size. They can carry far more cargo at once. All this makes it a very effective means for shipping large cargo by sea. Tip: there are also special extra tall ‘high cube’ variant. They are 1 foot higher than a regular container. Stuff can be stacked high.
- Taller and bulkier than the standard containers.
- In terms of format, this type comes out to: 12,2 x 2,44 x 2,59 meter.
- The 40’ft container can hold up to 24 EU pallets.
- The maximum load is +/- 28.000 kilogram.
Instant Ocean Freight Rates: 40 / 20 Ft Sea Container Shipping Cost
Instantly get the current rates of all major shipping lines
What is a Full Container (FCL)?
f you have enough goods to fill one full container load, then renting a full container is the most interesting. Transport specialists call this Full Container Load (FCL). You don’t need to share it with other merchandise. The advantages are great: faster transit time, damage is lessened and you pay lower price per unit. You have to pay attention to a few things: it is expensive for small loads and insurance is extra important. Another departure port? Also check Antwerp to Mundra (INMUN) and Hamburg to Mundra (INMUN).
- FCL means that the whole container is intended for one shipper.
- Very suitable for goods with a large dimension.
- Economically viable when the shipment occupies 15 m3 or more.
- Available at: e.g. Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, MSC, Maersk, COSCO.
What does LCL container mean in shipping?
If a large full container is unnecessary, your goods will be shipped with other cargo. Transport organizations describe that as Less Than Container Load (LCL). The meaning of LCL is: you share the space in the container and the shipping costs, with other businesses. There are multiple advantages: you’re only charged for the space you are using, you spend less on inventory space and it is faster during peak-season. Pay attention: if 50% of the container consists of your goods, then FCL is probably your best bet. The cost of the shipment is determined by the dimensions of the package i.e. the length, width.
- LCL means that your cargo will be placed into a partial container.
- The best choice for a charge between 3 m3 & 15,5 m3.
- You only pay for the space you are using.
- Easier to find space during peak season.
- Available at: e.g. Evergreen, HMM, ZIM, Wan Hai, POL.
Alternative container types
There exist a lot of box-types for the international transport of your cargo by sea. There is a suitable solution for every type of cargo. The most common type is the Dry van. Special boxes are also being used for liquid bulk, grain, flour, or other special goods. You can read more about it below. You can also read more information about shipments to Onahama (JPONA), port of Puerto de Almeria (ESLEI), Lagos (PTLOS) harbor and terminal Belgrade (RSBEG).
- Bulk Containers: used in for transporting bulk cargo like grain and coal.
- Flat Rack Containers: the walls allows for the loading of cargo from the top and/or sides.
- Hard-Top Containers: equipped with a removable steel roof.
- High-Cube Containers: are similar in structure to standard boxes, but a little taller.
- Insulated Containers: ideal for Storage or Shipping Dry Goods.
- Open-Top Containers: perfect when large cargo needs to be loaded safely from above.
- Palletwide Containers: specially designed to accommodate more number of Euro-pallets.
- Refrigerated Containers: cold air blows from the refrigeration unit through the vents at the bottom of the reefer.
- Tank Containers: for the transport of all types of bulk liquid by rail, road and sea.
- Ventilated Containers: ventilation is provided by openings in the top and bottom side rails.
Load types: What do you want to ship?
Shipping goods by sea from Rotterdam (NLRTM) to Mundra (INMUN) has a lot of pluses: you can ship large volumes at low costs, very safe and secure and containers can also be used for further transportation by road or rail. The most important ocean cargo via sea import/export routes are: dry bulk, break bulk, liquid bulk, neo bulk, containerized. Below you can read more information about it.
- Car shipping: reliable import and export of a vehicle via sea shipping.
- House Moving: advice and support in the field of relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): your household effects are shipped precisely and neatly.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. kerosene, diesel, gasoline, hydrogen, biofuels, chemicals.
- Dry Bulk: coal, grain, iron ore and salt, cement, lumber, plates.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): vessel has facilities to enable road or rail vehicles to roll on and roll off.
- Breakbulk: small containers of freight are unloaded from pallets and packed into the ship’s hold.
- Retail & other: load like electronic goods, toys, medical/pharmacy, sports equipment, clothes + furniture, fashion, machines, shoes, drinks.
FAQ: questions and answers about international transport
Shipping a container from Rotterdam (NL) to Mundra takes approximately 30 days. The total distance is approx. 7200 nautical miles (nmi). This is equivalent to 13334 km. When you have booked a sea freight you have to pay close attention to ETD and ETA. ETD is about the expected departure time of the ship. ETA means the expected date of arrival of an ocean carrier. There are many factors that determine the final shipping time: the boat speed, sea weather condition and berth availability.
Shipping rates from Rotterdam (Netherlands) to Mundra (India) are relatively cheap. The final invoice amount is determined by a number of factors like type of container, shipping route and incoterms. Fill in the request form for a customised quote and extra info.
When you are sending goods to Mundra, then customs clearance is an important step. The following documents are required: Letter of Credit, Insurance Certificate, Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Bill of Lading, Import/export Licenses. For additional information and answers to questions you can contact the customs of India or take a look at the website (www.portofmundra.com).
Incoterms describe the rights and obligations of both seller and buyer. Common sea freight incoterms are CIF and FOB. CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight) means the seller is responsible for the carriage of the goods up to the named port of destination. Free on Board (FOB) means the seller takes care of the cargo till the moment that it’s all loaded into the vessel. Other popular Incoterms 2000 are: Ex Works (EXW), Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Carriage Paid To (CPT), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) & Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Delivered At Place (DAP).