Shipping a container from Antwerp (BEANR)
Would you like to ship a container from the port of Antwerp (Belgium)? Sea freight is a convenient transport solution: large items can be shipped for competitive rates, it is great for bulk goods and it is safe. Transporting a container overseas with break bulk or equipment is easy with shippinglines like Maers, Central Shipping Belgium, Socar, Antwerp Global Shipping, ICTL. They can get you different types of containers. An important point of attention is (FCL) Full Container Load and Less Container Load (LCL). Via our transport agents we provide actual information about international ocean freight from Antwerp. We offer useful information about how to choose a suitable container for your freight. Further on you can read a step-by-step import plan. Send you shipping details and you will get a competitive quote with a competitive rate.
- Ocean shipping is a good, staunch and affordable way to export or import international containers.
- When we compare this to air freight, it offers more capacity and value.
- Sea freight is great for worldwide removals and exporting break bulk or cars.
- The Port of Antwerp is the biggest port in Belgium and plays in important role in sea freight shipping in Europe
- Frequently used containers types are: 20 foot, 40 foot and Hard-Top, Insulated, Dry Van, Ventilated, Refrigerated, Open-Top containers.
Sea Freight shipping Antwerp (Belgium)
Ocean freight shipping is the most economical mode of global transportation. Your articles are loaded into the container. The middleman (freight forwarder) ensures that a container is ready. The freight goes by truck to the shipping vessel at the port of origin (Antwerp), and will be shipped by sea to the addressee at the arrival harbour. They offer solutions like port-to-door, door-to-door, port-to-port, door-to-port. In the following paragraph we offer useful information about the POD (Port Of Destination).
|Port Name||Port of Antwerp|
|Phone||+32 3 205 20 11|
|Address||Port House Zaha Hadidplein 1 2030 Antwerp|
|Annual Cargo Tonnage||230 million tonnes|
|Annual Container Volume||12.000.000 TEU|
Popular Destination Ports
Antwerp is a great port for all your international ocean freight. Antwerp is connected with all major important ports all over the world. Please select one of the routes below to read more about shipping time and shipping costs.
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Shanghai (CNSHA)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Singapore (SGSIN)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Ningbo (CNNGB)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Shenzhen (CNSNZ)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Guangzhou (CNCAN)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Qingdao (CNQIN)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Busan (KRPUS)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Hong Kong (HKHKG)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Tianjin (CNTXG)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Jebel Ali (AEJEA)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Klang West (MYPKG)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Xiamen (CNXMN)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Kaohsiung (TWKHH)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Dalian (CNDLC)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Los Angeles (USLAX)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Tanjung Pelepas (MYTPP)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Laem Chabang (THLCH)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Yokohama (JPYOK)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Long Beach (USLGB)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Jakarta (IDJKT)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – New York (USNYC)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Colombo (LKCMB)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Ho Chi Minh City (VNSGN)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Tanger Med (MAPTM)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Piraeus (GRPIR)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Valencia (ESVLC)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Manila (PHMNL)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Haiphong (VNHPH)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Algeciras (ESALG)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Mumbai (INBOM)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Bremerhaven (DEBRV)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Lianyungang (CNLYG)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Mundra (INMUN)
- Transport Antwerp (BEANR) – Savannah (USSAV)
Sending Sea Freight From Antwerp
- Details of your shipping
Enter the port of departure and the arrival harbour. Choose if you want to ship FCL (Full Container Load) or LCL (Less than Container Load). Also choose the size of the container (20ft, 40ft of 40ft HC).
- Freight preparations
Firstly, make sure your goods are tightly packaged. To limit damage, make sure everything is securely placed on pallets. Tip: make sure you have recognizable labels on the freight.
- Customs document
When you import cargo from Antwerp, you must send several export documents (on behalf of national customs): bill of lading, packing declaration, packing list, export/import customs declaration, certificates of origin. The definition of a Bill of Lading is a document issued by the carrier or agent to confirm the goods have been received in good order and noticing that the cargo is well packed for transport.
- Incoterms for your freight
Incoterms are important to define obligations, costs, and risks involved in the delivery of goods. The Incoterm determines who takes care of, among other things, export/import documents, insurances and transport. The most common incoterms are Ex Works (EXW), Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), Free On Board (FOB).
- Ship Live Tracking
Use sea freight tracking to check where your freight is right now. They will send you a mail when the freight has been loaded at the POL (port of origin), arrived at Port of Destination (POD) and when the cargo has reached its final destination.
LCL and FCL Shipping From Antwerp
FCL Container Shipping from Hamburg
I case you are going to ship a lot of stuff, then it is usually better to book a full container. Within the logistics sector this is called FCL (Full Container Load). You don’t need to share space with others like LCL. It is a popular transport method: faster transit time, chance of damage is reduced to a minimum and it’s more cost-effective. You have to pay attention to a few things: it is not efficient for small cargo types and unloading can be a hassle.
- The meaning of FCL is: you get the universal right to your own container.
- Suitable for as many small items on pallets as large goods.
- It is cheaper when the shipment uses more than 10 pallets.
LCL Container Shipping from Antwerp
If you want to transport a small cargo by sea, inquire about the possibilities for a shared container. You choose a LCL (Less Than Container Load) contract. What we mean by LCL is that you only pay for the space you need in a shipping container. You consciously opt for various benefits such as: you will share all costs with the other suppliers, you spend less on inventory space and more flexible during intense shipping season. Watch out: if 50% of the container consists of your goods, then it is often more interesting to go for an FCL shipping. LCL shipping charges are generally computed based on the volume in m3 and the weight of the freight.
- LCL Means that means that you reserve space in a partial container.
- Ideal for transport volumes between 3 m3 – 16,5 m3.
- You only pay for the space you need in a shipping.
- Wide availability in all months of the year.
FAQ: frequently asked questions and answers regarding international transport
Shipping rates from Antwerp (Belgium) to International ports are between $450 up to $6.000. The total cost is subject to various features such as destination, cargo dimension, season and local handling fees. Request a quote without obligation for a customised quote and extra info.
When you send goods from Antwerp, there are documents you need for customs clearance. You will need the following documentation: Letter of Credit, Import/export Licenses, Certificate of Origin, Bill of Lading, Insurance Certificate, Packing List. For more information, then we advise you to contact the local customs.
The Incoterms tell us: Who is organising carriage and insurance? The two most popular Incoterms rules in maritime shipping are CIF and FOB. Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) means the seller takes care of delivering the goods to the port of origin. With Free on Board (FOB), we mean that the seller has the responsibility for the cargo till the moment that it’s all loaded into the vessel. Other commonly used Incoterms 2000 are e.g. Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Ex Works (EXW), Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Free Carrier (FCA) & Cost and Freight (CFR), Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU).