Container shipping Antwerp to Aden
You want to ship a container from Antwerp to Aden (YEADE)? Sea freight is very practical: you can ship heavy cargo for a good price, it is great for bulk goods and it has live tracking. Importing a container overseas with liquids or furniture can be outsourced to e.g. Hapag-Lloyd. There are different types of containers. There is made a difference between a complete full container (FCL) and a container with combined cargo (LCL). Via containershippingservice.com we provide you with actual information regarding international transport Aden (YE ADE). We get you comprehensive information about the ways in which you can transport cargo by sea. On this website you can read a step-by-step import plan. Share your cargo and transport wishes and you will get a competitive quote with the best rates and fastest transit times.
- Ocean shipping is a good, trustworthy and affordable way to transport large and heavy loads.
- Compared to air freight, you have lower costs and more time for document processing.
- Sea freight is recommended for worldwide relocations and shipping food or cars.
- The Port of Aden offers excellent transit options in Yemen.
- You can choose from many types and sizes of containers: normal 20 & 40 foot, High Cube and Hard-Top, Insulated, Flat Rack, Refrigerated, Open-Top, Tank containers.
- Shipment to harbor Aden from Antwerp (Belgium)
- How does the export work in October 2022
- Choose your container
- Main cargo types
- FAQ: current topics around international transport
Shipping to Aden (YEADE) from Antwerp (BEANR)
Ocean freight shipping is a reliable way of large-volume transportation. Your articles are transferred in shipping containers. The freight forwarder will reserve a container for you. A truck transports the cargo to the shipping vessel at the port of origin (POO) Aden (YE ADE), and will be shipped by sea to the agent at the POD (port of destination). There are different kind of options: door-to-door, port-to-port, port-to-door, door-to-port. In the list below we offer useful information about the arrival port.
|Port of departure||Port of Antwerp (BEANR)|
|Country of departure||Belgium|
|Port of destination||Port of Aden|
|Country of destination||Yemen|
|Transport Time||+/- 22 days|
|Local address||1316 Tawahi, Aden, Yemen|
Freight Forwarder Antwerp – port of Aden
- Select shipment details
Enter the port of origin and the POD (port of destination). Also indicate whether you choose a full container for yourself (FCL) or Less Container Load (LCL). You can choose from a small or large container (20 ft, 40 ft of 40 ft high cube).
- Packing the container
To begin, ensure the freight is properly packaged. To prevent accidents, ensure that your cargo is always placed on pallets. You must also put a label on the freight.
- Documents Required for Exporting
In the situations that you export cargo to Aden (YEADE), you should think about required export documents (for fast customs clearance): certificates of origin, packing list, commercial invoice, bill of lading, packing declaration. A Bill of Lading is a legal document signed by the carrier to confirm the goods have been received in good order and confirm that the items are well packed for shipment.
- Choosing the Incoterms
Incoterms are relevant for traders to agree on the most important contractual terms and obligations for global trade. The chosen Incoterm decides who is responsible for e.g insurance, transport and all documents. For freight by sea, these are the most popular terms: Ex Works (EXW), Free On Board (FOB), Delivery Duty Paid (DDP).
- Online Container & Freight Tracking System
Use cargo and container tracking to see where your load is at this moment. You can get a sms or mail when the freight has been departed from POL (Port of loading), has been transferred to the POD (port of destination) and when it has arrived at the final destination.
Sea freight from Aden (YEADE) to Antwerp (BEANR): pick your container
You need to ship a container from port of Aden – (YE ADE) to port of Antwerp – (BE ANR)? It is necessary to pick the right container type. There are different sizes (20 ft, 40 ft) and multiple transport options (LCL shipping or FCL shipment). Some main shipping lines are APL, Evergreen, K Line, MSC. There is a good connection to important cities in the area. In the next section you can read all important information about the most common sizes and types. Our specialists also provide details about Rail Freight.
Information and benefits of 20ft container
20. ft. containers (sometimes also called dry van) is the most commonly type for shipment in ocean freight. They are easy to stack, which means they are cheaper to ship. Particularly suitable for the transport of household goods and international removals. Some extra info: A TEU stands for Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit.
- This box offers a solution for the shipment of goods in ocean freight.
- The size of a 20-foot container is: 5898 (l) x 2390 (h) x 2350 (w) mm.
- Usually, 9-11 pallets are able to fit in one TEU.
- You can load it with maximum +/- 27.500 kg.
Information and benefits of 40 ft container
A 40 foot container is widely used on (standard) ships. Many types of goods can be shipped within these boxes. This makes it very economical for shipping large cargo by sea. Good to know: you can also choose a higher ‘high cube’ choice. They are 1 foot higher than a regular container. Ideal if you have high cargo.
- Used for dry freight of all kinds.
- The format is universal: 12 x 2,3 x 2,4 m.
- The 40’ft container can hold up to 24 EU pallets.
- In terms of weight fits maximum: +/- 28.500 kilogram.
Ocean Freight Cost Calculator: get a free quote
Get the most updated container prices from main carriers
What are the advantages and disadvantages of FCL containers?
I case you are going to ship a lot of stuff, then a full container is often worth it. Freight forwarders then refer to it as FCL (Full Container Load). You don’t need to share it with other merchandise. It is a popular transport method: Usually a faster transit time, less potential for damage and and it costs less at the bottom of the line. Pay attention to the disadvantages: the transshipment is more complex and it is hard to book during peak season. Another departure port? Also check Rotterdam to Aden (YEADE) or Hamburg to Aden (YEADE).
- The idea of FCL is that one single container is booked exclusively for the transportation of cargo.
- Suitable for as many small items on pallets as large goods.
- For shipments that are larger than 10 CBM.
- Available at: e.g. Hapag-Lloyd, ONE, MSC, COSCO, Maersk.
What is a LCL container and what are the benefits?
If your cargo does not fill a whole ocean freight container, it is often a good idea to pick a shared container. You choose a LCL (Less Than Container Load) contract. What we mean by LCL is that you just pay for the amount of space used in a single container. There are multiple advantages: for smaller loads, it is way cheaper than a full container, the handling and insurance costs are limited and it offers consistent weekly sailing schedules for sea freight. Watch out: if your shipment takes up more than half a container, then it is often more interesting to go for an FCL shipping. The cost of LCL is based on the volume and weight of the packages.
- LCL means that you make use of a partial container for the transportation.
- The best choice for a charge between 2,5 m3 & 16 m3.
- Freight costs are typically based on cargo volume.
- Easier to book during peak season.
- Available at: e.g. Yang Ming, Evergreen, ZIM, Wan Hai, HMM.
Special containers for special freight
The range of boxes is very diverse for ocean transport. Each type of cargo has its own characteristics and methods. The most common type is the Dry van. There are also special possibilities for liquids, vegetables and fruit or high class goods. We’ve explained it all below. You can also check more information about shipping to Bata (GQBSG), port of Malaga (ESAGP), Lobito (AOLOB) harbor and terminal Nouakchott (MRNKC).
- Bulk Containers: often used for dry bulk cargo like wheat, rice and corn.
- Flat Rack Containers: internationally used when the cargo cannot fit inside a standard box.
- Hard-Top Containers: special roof makes it fairly easier to load and unload the cargo through forklift.
- High-Cube Containers: an intermodal storage unit with an external height of 9ft. 6in.
- Insulated Containers: are often used in the retail market (extra dry & great stable temperature).
- Open-Top Containers: for heavy goods which are difficult to be loaded sideways.
- Palletwide Containers: specially designed to accommodate more number of Euro-pallets.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers are used for goods which need to be transported at a constant temperature.
- Tank Containers: are barrel-shaped vessels serving multi-purposes.
- Ventilated Containers: is used for cargo which needs ventilation.
Load types: What do you want to ship?
Shipping stuff by sea from Antwerp (BEANR) to Aden (YEADE) is very popular because of low cost, there are lots of different shipping options and the Duty and VAT are much less expensive than air freight. Popular types of ocean cargo shipped via sea routes are: liquid bulk, containerized, roll on/roll off, break bulk, neo bulk. Below we give an explanation.
- Car shipping: transport your vehicle to the other side of the world.
- House Moving: solid help and assistance for relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): quickly and easily ship your household effects to another city.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. kerosene, gasoline, hydrogen, petroleum, diesel, biofuels.
- Dry Bulk: coal, grain, iron ore and rods, lumber, sand, plates.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): the vessel is designed so that vehicles or loads can be entered straight by rolling.
- Breakbulk: goods that are stowed on board ship in individually counted units.
- Retail & other: items like medical/pharmacy, sports equipment, art and antiques, toys, electronic goods or fashion, food, furniture, shoes, machines.
FAQ: frequently asked questions and answers regarding international transport
Shipping a container from Antwerp (BE) to Aden takes around 22 days. The distance to be covered is about 5250 nautical miles. This is roughly equivalent to 9723 km. When you send something by sea, you will receive updates about the ETD and ETA. ETD is about the expected departure time of the ship. ETA means the Expected or Estimated Time of Arrival. The exact shipping time has several factors: condition of the hull and the propeller, sea weather condition and cargo flows.
Shipping rates from Antwerp (Belgium) to Aden (Yemen) are slightly above average. The final invoice amount is determined by a number of factors like type of goods transported, shipping route and freight forwarder handling fees. Message us for a price proposal and transit times.
When shipping goods to Aden, there are documents you need for customs clearance. The following documents should be provided: Certificate of Origin, Letter of Credit, Bill of Lading, Import/export Licenses, Packing List, Commercial Invoice. For more detailed information you can contact the customs of Yemen or navigate to the website of the port or the government (www.mofa-ye.org).
Incoterms define who is responsible for each phase of shipping process. Common sea freight incoterms are CIF and FOB. Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) means the exporting party covers the cost and freight of bringing the goods to the port of destination. Content of a Free on Board (FOB) contract: the seller is responsible for the cargo until they are handed over to the delivery company. Other commonly used Incoterms 2000 are e.g. Carriage Paid To (CPT), Ex Works (EXW), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Free Carrier (FCA) & Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), Delivered At Place (DAP).