Container shipping Antwerp to Wuhan
Would you like to ship a container from Antwerp to Wuhan (CNWUH)? Sea freight is very useful: you can ship heavy cargo for a good price, it is great for bulk goods and it is trustworthy. Transporting a container by sea with liquid bulk or equipment can be done via e.g. Wan Hai Lines. You can book a lot of container-types. There is made a difference between a full container for yourself (FCL) and (LCL) Less Container Load. Via our experts we provide up-to-date information with a view to international transport Wuhan (CN WUH). We share knowledge and useful information about the various sea container types. You will also find a step-by-step export plan. Please send us an inquiry with your requirements and we will gladly send you a tailor-made offer with low prices and great conditions.
- Ocean shipping is a fast, staunch and cheap way to transport large and heavy loads.
- Compared to air freight, you can transport larger volumes for a better price.
- Sea freight is great for worldwide relocations and the transportation of break bulk or cars.
- The Port of Wuhan is one of the biggest ports of China.
- We handle a wide variety of container sizes including: 20 foot, 40 foot and Flat Rack, Insulated, Dry Van, Ventilated, Tank, Refrigerated containers.
Table of contents
- Shipping to harbor Wuhan from Antwerp (Belgium)
- Export a container in 5 steps in October 2022
- Selecting the container that suits the freight
- Which cargo types can I transport by sea?
- All you need to know about international transport (FAQ)
Shipping to Wuhan (CNWUH) from Antwerp (BEANR)
Ocean freight shipping is the process of shipping goods by sea using containers. Your personal stuff is packed tightly in a container. The intermediary (freight forwarder) ensures that a container is ready. The cargo is transported by truck to the shipping vessel at the port of departure (POD) Wuhan (CN WUH), and will be shipped over the ocean to the consignee at the arrival harbour. They offer solutions like port-to-door, door-to-door, port-to-port, door-to-port. In the schedule below we provide you with details about the port of destination.
|Port of departure||Port of Antwerp (BEANR)|
|Country of departure||Belgium|
|Port of destination||Port of Wuhan|
|Country of destination||China|
|Transit Time||+/- 46 days|
|Local address||Hankou Yanjiang Road 91#, Wuhan, Hubei 430014, China|
Freight Forwarder Antwerp – port of Wuhan
- Enter freight details
Enter the port of departure and destination of shipment. Choose how you want to transport: a complete full container (FCL) or (LCL) and partial shipments. Also choose the dimensions of the container (20ft, 40ft of 40ft HC).
- Prepare your package
Primarily, ensure the cargo is packed appropriately for carriage. To prevent damage, we advise to put everything on pallets. Tip: make sure you have recognizable labels on the freight.
- Common Export Documents
When you import goods from Wuhan (CNWUH), you will have to provide special export documents (for the national customs): export/import customs declaration, commercial invoice, packing declaration, bill of lading, packing list. A Bill of Lading is a required document that is provided to the shipper confirming goods were received in an acceptable condition and that the freight has been booked correctly.
- Determine the desired Incoterm
Freight forwarders make us of incoterms to define responsibility and liability for shipment of the goods. The Incoterm defines who is responsible for e.g transport, insurance and duty related matters. Widely used incoterms are Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), Free On Board (FOB), Ex Works (EXW).
- Track your shipment
Use Cargo Track & Trace to check where your shipment is at this moment. You can see 24/7 when the load is registered at the POO (port of load), arrived at the port of arrival (POD) and when it has arrived at the final destination.
Sea freight from Wuhan (CNWUH) to Antwerp (BEANR): find a suitable container
You want to ship a container from port of Wuhan – (CN WUH) to port of Antwerp – (BE ANR)? Compare the options and ask an appropriate container. They come in different sizes (20ft & 40ft) and different container specifications (FCL shipment or LCL shipment). Several major international shipping lines operate here. The port offers an excellent connection to surrounding cities. In the next section we help you choose the right type and provide info about the most popular products. Check also more information about Palletwide Containers.
What you need to know about the 20ft container
20 ft. containers (a.k.a. dry van) is the most popular container size. They are easy to transport, that means they are quite cheap. Widely used for transporting personal items or international movings. Good to know: The term “TEU” stands for twenty-foot equivalent unit.
- The most commonly used box for the transportation of cargo via ocean shipments.
- The dimensions of a 20-foot container are: 5,9 x 2,4 x 2,4 meter.
- A 20’ft container can hold eleven pallets.
- The maximum allowable load is +/- 27.500 kg.
Explanation about a 40 FT container
The 40 foot container is the big brother of the 20 foot model. You can pack a lot of cargo in this. This makes it an excellent choice for shipping large sea freight. What you may not know: there are also special 40 foot containers such as the ‘high cube’ deal. They are 1 foot higher than a regular container. Ideal if you have high cargo.
- Used for dry freight of all kinds.
- The format is universal: 12,0 x 2,4 x 2,3 m.
- It can hold 23-24 Euro pallets or 20-21 standard pallets in one row.
- In terms of goods, there is a weight limit of +/- 28.700 kg.
Ocean Freight Volume Calculator: 40 / 20 Ft Sea Container Shipping Cost
Ask our specialists for advice without obligation
In which situations do I choose an FCL container?
f you have enough goods to fill one full container load, then a full container is often worth it. The abbreviation FCL stands for Full Container Load. You don’t need to share it with other merchandise. There are many advantages to it: Usually a faster transit time, damage is lessened and and it costs less at the bottom of the line. There are also disadvantages: it is unsuitable for small goods exporters and it is harder to unload the FCL shipment. Transporting cargo from another port? Also see Rotterdam to Wuhan (CNWUH) and Hamburg to Wuhan (CNWUH).
- What we mean by FCL is that you get the universal right to your own container.
- Suitable for as many small items on pallets as large goods.
- If you’re shipping more than 14 m3.
- Available at: e.g. COSCO, MSC, Hapag-Lloyd, Maersk, CMA CGM.
Less than container (LCL)
If a large full container is unnecessary, you can ship it in a shared container with other shipments. You choose a LCL (Less Than Container Load) contract. The idea of LCL is that you share the container with other importers. The advantages of this option include: you can send some good in a cheap way, storage and insurance is advantageous and more flexible during intense shipping season. Worth mentioning: if your goods can fill up half of the container space, then FCL is a better choice. The total shipping costs are related to volume and weight.
- With LCL transport, your cargo will be placed into a partial container.
- An excellent choice for cargo volumes between 3 m3 – 15 m3.
- You only pay for the space you are using.
- Capabilities at almost all international ports.
- Available at: e.g. Evergreen, HMM, POL, Yang Ming, Wan Hai.
Other container types for special loads
There exist a lot of box-types for shipping your cargo. There is a suitable solution for every type of cargo. A Dry van is the most common type of freight transportation. There are innovative and special constructions for oil or petroleum, flour, coffee or cocoa or very expensive items. Below you will find all common types in 1 overview. We also provide more information about sea transportation to Brest (FRBES), port of Hulaylah (AEHTL), Ruwais (AERUW) harbor and terminal Sohar (OMSOH).
- Bulk Containers: often used for dry bulk cargo like grain and coal.
- Flat Rack Containers: a flat rack only has walls or support post on the ends.
- Hard-Top Containers: the roof can be removed if necessary.
- High-Cube Containers: ideal when a slightly larger volume capacity is needed.
- Insulated Containers: for transporting goods with the need of low temperature for a short distance.
- Open-Top Containers: for exporting products that don’t fit in a regular container.
- Palletwide Containers: the ideal type for transporting many euro pallets.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers are ideal for the food and beverage industries.
- Tank Containers: are basically, cylindrical vessels held within a standard 20ft ISO frame.
- Ventilated Containers: also known as passive (naturally) ventilated or coffee containers.
Load types: What do you want to ship?
Shipping goods by ocean from Antwerp (BEANR) to Wuhan (CNWUH) is very popular because of attractive costs, you can ship easily big and high volume cargo and containers can also be used for further transportation by road or rail. Frequently chosen ocean cargo that are transported by sea are: roll on/roll off, neo bulk, dry bulk, liquid bulk, containerized. Below we give an explanation.
- Car shipping: a professional company ships your vehicle internationally.
- House Moving: affordable and reliable way for international relocations.
- Removals (Household Goods): all your household effects shipped inexpensive and insured.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. biofuels, petroleum, hydrogen, diesel, chemicals, kerosene.
- Dry Bulk: coal, iron ore, grain but also stuff like coils, sand, lumber, sugar.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): vessel for wheeled freight-carrying equipment.
- Breakbulk: common method used to successfully transport cargo or goods that cannot fit in standard-size shipping.
- Retail & other: load like medical/pharmacy, clothes, electronic goods, sports equipment, toys and fashion, furniture, machines, food, drinks.
FAQ: questions and answers about international transport
Shipping a container from Antwerp (BE) to Wuhan takes approx 46 days. The total distance is approximately 10700 nautical miles (NM). 1 NM is about 1.85 km. The total distance is 19816 kilometers. When you ship a sea container, you have to take into account 2 important values (ETD and ETA). ETD provides information on the date and time the ship will leave the seaport. ETA means the Expected or Estimated Time of Arrival. The precise shipping time depends on the speed of the boat, wind force and direction and type of cargo.
Shipping rates from Antwerp (Belgium) to Wuhan (China) are relatively cheap. The final invoice amount is determined by various components as the size of the container, season and pickup charges and Do not hesitate to contact us for a quote for your transport.
When shipping goods to Wuhan, then you must have the administration in order for customs clearance. You will need the following documentation: Insurance Certificate, Import/export Licenses, Bill of Lading, Certificate of Origin, Commercial Invoice, Packing List. For more substantive information and tips please contact the customs of China or view the website of the port/government (www.wuhanport.com/).
Incoterms describe who bears the responsibility, risk, and costs associated with a transaction. For transport by ship we usually use FOB and CIF. Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) means the exporting party bears responsibility for the cost and freight of bringing the goods to the port of origin. Content of a Free on Board (FOB) contract: the supplier to pay for the delivery of the goods until they have been placed on board of the ship. Optionally one can also select one of the other Incoterms 2000 such as Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Ex Works (EXW), Carriage Paid To (CPT), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) + Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Cost and Freight (CFR).