Container shipping Rotterdam to Bandar Abbas
You are planning to ship a container from Rotterdam to Bandar Abbas (IRBND)? Sea freight has many pluses: it’s perfect for heavy and bulky items, it is flexible and containers can also be used for further transportation by road or rail. Ship a container overseas with breakbulk or equipment can be arranged by shipping companies such as Sea Lead Shipping. They offer and a wide range of container types. An important point of attention is (FCL) Full Container Load and (LCL) Less Container Load. Via our transport agents we provide useful information regarding international transport Bandar Abbas (IR BND). You will find useful information about the various sea container types. For this we offer a a practical step-by-step plan where we explain everything in 5 steps. Send us your details and get a quote with low prices and great conditions.
- Ocean shipping is a quick, trustworthy and inexpensive way to transport bulk containers.
- Advantages compared to air freight: it is cheaper and there are less restrictions.
- Sea freight is ideal for international relocations and transporting roll on/roll off or cars and other vehicles.
- The Port of Bandar Abbas is a much-chosen harbor in Iran.
- You can choose from the following containers: 20 FT, 40 FT, 40FT HC and Insulated, Flat Rack, Dry Van, Refrigerated, Tank, Open-Top containers.
- Sea freight shipping to harbor Bandar Abbas from Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Step-by-step plan for exporting a container in October 2022
- Select the suitable container
- Overview freight types for ocean shipping
- FAQ: questions and answers about international transport
Shipping to Bandar Abbas (IRBND) from Rotterdam (NLRTM)
Ocean freight shipping is the most economical mode of global transportation. Your material is transferred in shipping containers. The middleman (freight forwarder) have a special container prepared. The cargo is transported by truck to the shipping vessel at the port of Bandar Abbas (IR BND), and will be transported by sea to the customs at the destination harbor. They provide you options like door-to-door, port-to-port, port-to-door, door-to-port. In the following paragraph you will find practical information about the port of discharge.
|Port of departure||Port of Rotterdam (NLRTM)|
|Country of departure||Netherlands|
|Port of destination||Port of Bandar Abbas|
|Country of destination||Iran|
|Transportation time||+/- 29 days|
|Port address||Hormozgan Province, Bandar Abbas, Rajaei Port|
Freight Forwarder Rotterdam – port of Bandar Abbas
- Details of your shipping
Enter the departure port and the POD (port of destination). Also indicate whether you choose (FCL) Full Container Load or a container with combined cargo (LCL). You also choose the size of the container (20-ft, 40-ft of a high cube).
- Loading the freight
As a starting point, you need to make sure your load is packed correctly. To ensure that the cargo remains in good condition, it is best to pack the freight on pallets. Your cargo must also be easily recognizable with labels.
- Customs documents and procedures
When you transport your cargo to Bandar Abbas (IRBND), you should organize several export documents (to the national customs): packing declaration, certificates of origin, commercial invoice, bill of lading, export/import customs declaration. With a Bill of Lading we mean a document that is completed by a carrier confirming goods were received in an acceptable condition and confirm that the items are well packed for shipment.
- Choosing the Incoterms
Incoterms are relevant terms for worldwide shipping to define responsibility and liability for shipment of the goods. The agreed Incoterm determines how much responsibility you have for transport, insurance and duty related matters. Much chosen incoterms are Free On Board (FOB), Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), Ex Works (EXW).
- Online Container & Freight Tracking System
Use cargo tracking to check where your shipment is right now. They will send you a mail when the freight has been departed from Port of Loading, arrived at Port of delivery (POD) and when the carrier arrived at the final location.
Sea freight from Bandar Abbas (IRBND) to Rotterdam (NLRTM): choose container
You are going to ship a container from port of Bandar Abbas – (IR BND) to port of Rotterdam – (NL RTM)? An important starting point is to pick the right container type. They are available in different sizes (20 ft, 40 ft) and different terms and conditions (FCL shipment or LCL shipment). Major shipping lines that sail here include Evergreen, MOL, MSC, OOCL. From the port, many freights are transported to cities such as Qeshm, Minab, Bandar-e Lengeh, Lar, Gerash, Jiroft, Baft, Darab, Sirjan, Bam, Jahrom, Bardsir, Fasa, Shahr-e Babak, Kerman, Rafsanjan, Zarand, Iranshahr, Marv Dasht, Shiraz. Below we put everything together and offer information about the most popular container types. You can also click through to our page about Road Freight.
Specifications of a twenty foot container
20. ft. containers (also known as dry van) is the most versatile container type. They are very efficient, that means they are quite cheap. Suitable for all types of cargo, including household goods or international removals. Keep in mind: TEU is a standard measurement of volume in container shipping and means 1 20 Foot container.
- The most commonly used box for transporting cargo by sea.
- A 20-foot container has a surface area of: 6058mm x 2438mm x 2891mm.
- Usually, 9-11 pallets are able to fit in one TEU.
- The maximum allowable load is +/- 27.400 kg.
Explanation about a 40 FT container
The 40 foot container is the largest of the standard shipping containers. He can hold much more cargo. All this makes it a very effective means for shipping large cargo by sea. Tip: you can also opt for a taller ‘high cube’ edition. They are 1 foot higher than a regular container. This ensures that your cargo/goods can be loaded higher.
- Used for dry freight of all kinds.
- The dimensions are the same internationally: 12031 x 2346 x 2383 mm.
- It can hold 23-24 Euro pallets or 20-21 standard pallets in one row.
- In terms of weight fits maximum: +/- 28.000 kilogram.
Ocean Freight Volume Calculator: get a free quote
Ask our specialists for advice without obligation
When do i need a Full Container Load (FCL)?
f you have enough goods to fill one full container load, then a full container is often worth it. This is known as an FCL (Full Container Load). All cargo space is used exclusively for you. It is a popular transport method: It guarantees a faster transit time, a smaller chance of damage to the freight and the rates are more favorable. There are also disadvantages: it is not efficient for small cargo types and insurance is more expensive. There are also other departure ports. See for example Antwerp to Bandar Abbas (IRBND) or Hamburg to Bandar Abbas (IRBND).
- The meaning of FCL is: your goods are stored in a fully owned container.
- Very suitable for goods with a large dimension.
- Recommended for shipments from 15 m3.
- Available at: e.g. COSCO, Hapag-Lloyd, ONE, MSC, Maersk.
What does LCL container mean in shipping?
When you have too little goods to fill a full container, you can use be made of a shared container. Logistics management organization handles this as a LCL (Less Than Container Load). The premise of LCL is that multiple shippers’ goods are packed together. You consciously opt for various benefits such as: you pay only for the volume you need, you can save on inventory costs and more options during peak shipping season. Worth mentioning: if your shipment takes up more than half a container, it is often cheaper to book a full container. The total costs are calculated based on volume and weight.
- What we mean by LCL is that your cargo will be placed into a partial container.
- A suitable choice for transport with a size between 3 m3 & 14,5 m3.
- Deal for cargo that does not fill the entire container.
- More Availability During Peak Season.
- Available at: e.g. POL, HMM, Yang Ming, Wan Hai, Evergreen.
Special containers for special freight
There are many different types of boxes available for the shipment of your goods. Each type of cargo has its own characteristics and methods. The most common type is the Dry van. There are innovative and special constructions for liquid bulk, fruit, vegetables, meat, fish or high class goods. We give a short explanation below. Also check other destinations such as Belgrade (RSBEG), port of Aratu (BRARB), Shekou (CNSHK) harbor and terminal Itajai (BRITJ).
- Bulk Containers: used for transportation of dry bulk cargo like grain and coal.
- Flat Rack Containers: a flat rack only has walls or support post on the ends.
- Hard-Top Containers: used for bulk cargo like cement, automotive, construction goods, steel, etc.
- High-Cube Containers: ideal when a slightly larger volume capacity is needed.
- Insulated Containers: are often used in the retail market (extra dry & great stable temperature).
- Open-Top Containers: is a shipping box without a roof.
- Palletwide Containers: are non-standard, uncommon containers with varying dimensions.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers are big fridges that are used to transport temperature controlled cargoes.
- Tank Containers: if you want to transport a large quantity of liquid as bulk cargo.
- Ventilated Containers: used to transport cargo with good moisture contents which requires ventilation while transit.
Main types of ocean freight: What do you want to ship?
Transporting stuff by ocean from Rotterdam (NLRTM) to Bandar Abbas (IRBND) is very popular because of you can ship large volumes at low costs, you can ship easily big and high volume cargo and very flexible. Much seen ocean cargo shipped via sea routes are: containerized, break bulk, roll on/roll off, liquid bulk, neo bulk. Below we explain some goods/cargo.
- Car shipping: your vehicle will be shipped safely and insured internationally.
- House Moving: solid help and assistance for relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): have your household effects transported with great care.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. petroleum, diesel, biofuels, gasoline, chemicals, hydrogen.
- Dry Bulk: iron ore, coal, grain but also cement, coils, salt, sugar.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): the vessel is designed so that vehicles or loads can be entered straight by rolling.
- Breakbulk: goods that are stowed on board ship in individually counted units.
- Retail & other: goods like medical/pharmacy, clothes, sports equipment, toys, art and antiques or machines, furniture, drinks, shoes, fashion.
Everything about international transportation (FAQ)
Shipping a container from Rotterdam (NL) to Bandar Abbas takes around 29 days. The distance to be covered is about 7000 nautical miles (nmi). That is about 12964 km. When you send something by sea, you have to pay close attention to ETD and ETA. ETD means the expected departure time of the vessel. ETA stands for Estimated time of arrival of the ship or truck. There are many factors that determine the final shipping time: displacement of the vessel, sea weather condition and possible maintenance.
Shipping rates from Rotterdam (Netherlands) to Bandar Abbas (Iran) are relatively expensive. The total costs are determined by various ingredients such as container size, period of the year and freight forwarder handling fees. Fill in the application form for current rates and transit times.
When you are sending goods to Bandar Abbas, there are documents you need for customs clearance. The following documents are needed for the customs handling procedure: Import/export Licenses, Commercial Invoice, Certificate of Origin, Letter of Credit, Bill of Lading, Packing List. If you are not sure whether you will be charged extra or not, then we advise you to contact the customs of Iran or take a look at the website (www.gov.ie).
Incoterms define the responsibilities and obligations of the buyer and seller. Common sea freight incoterms are FOB and CIF. CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight) means the exporter bears responsibility for the costs of transporting the cargo to the port of origin. By Free on Board (FOB) we mean the seller must arrange everything regarding the freight until all cargo is on the ship. Other popular Incoterms 2000 are: Carriage Paid To (CPT), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Free Carrier (FCA), Free Alongside Ship (FAS) & Cost and Freight (CFR), Delivered At Place (DAP), Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU).