Container shipping Rotterdam to Tianjin
Are you looking for a service to ship a container from Rotterdam to Tianjin (CNTXG)? Sea freight is a convenient transport solution: e.g. you can transport high volumes for a reasonable price, it’s convenient and containers can also be used for further transportation by road or rail. Transporting a container by sea with breakbulk or machinery can be facilitated by shippinglines like IRISL Group. They can get you all kind of containers. An important distinction is a full container just for your freight (FCL) and a shared container (LCL). Via our portal we provide practical information regarding international transport Tianjin (CN TXG). We get you inside-information about the ways in which you can transport cargo by sea. For this we offer a practical step-by-step plan. Send us your details and we will gladly send you a tailor-made offer with low prices and great conditions.
- Ocean shipping is a reliable, staunch and affordable way to ship heavy and bulky goods.
- When you compare it with air shipments, it is cheaper and there are less restrictions.
- Sea freight is ideal for worldwide removals and shipping roll on/roll off or personal goods.
- The Port of Tianjin is a frequently chosen port in China.
- You can choose from the following containers: 20 foot, 40 foot and Insulated, Dry Van, Flat Rack, Refrigerated, Ventilated, Open-Top containers.
- Shipment to harbor Tianjin from Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Tips for exporting containers in December 2022
- Choose your container
- Major Types of Cargo Transported by Sea
- All about international transport (FAQ)
Shipping to Tianjin (CNTXG) from Rotterdam (NLRTM)
Ocean freight shipping is the container freight transportation of cargo by shipping lines. Your goods are wrapped up in shipping containers. The freight forwarder (intermediary) will arrange the container. The cargo will be trucked to the shipping vessel at the departing port Tianjin (CN TXG), and will be shipped over the sea to the addressee at the POD (port of destination). You can choose for: port-to-port, door-to-port, door-to-door, port-to-port. In the attached table we offer useful information about the port of destination.
|Port of departure||Port of Rotterdam (NLRTM)|
|Country of departure||Netherlands|
|Port of destination||Port of Tianjin|
|Country of destination||China|
|Transit Time||+/- 47 days|
|Port address||35 Xingang Road No 2, Tanggu, Tianjin, Heibei 300456, China|
Freight Forwarder Rotterdam – port of Tianjin
- Shipment details
Enter the departing port and the destination harbor. Decide how you want to export: Full Container Load (FCL) or (LCL) and partial shipments. Find a container size that fits your goods (20ft, 40ft of 40ft HC).
- Packing the container
Primarily, make sure your goods are tightly packaged. To ensure that the cargo remains in good condition, ensure that your cargo is always placed on pallets. Make sure your cargo is labelled correctly.
- Export documents
When you transport your goods to Tianjin (CNTXG), you should organize up-to-date export documents (for the national customs): bill of lading, packing list, export/import customs declaration, commercial invoice, packing declaration. A Bill of Lading is a standard-form document signed by the carrier to confirm that the shipment is received in good order and that the freight has been booked correctly.
- Agree on the conditions (Incoterms)
Freight forwarders make us of incoterms to agree on the most important contractual terms and obligations for global trade. The Incoterm determines who is responsible for, for example, the cost and risk of transportation, insurance, duties payable and clearing customs. The most common incoterms are Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), Ex Works (EXW), Cost, Insurance Freight (CIF).
- Track and Trace shipment
Use the Online Container & Freight Tracking System to check where your cargo is right now. You can see in realtime when the load is registered at the POO (port of load), has arrived at the destination (POD) and when the cargo has reached its final destination.
Sea freight from Tianjin (CNTXG) to Rotterdam (NLRTM): find a suitable container
Are you planning to ship a container from port of Tianjin – (CN TXG) to port of Rotterdam – (NL RTM)? It is necessary to rent a suitable container. There are different sizes (20 ft, 40 ft) and different terms and conditions (FCL shipping or LCL shipping). Major shipping lines that sail here include FESCO. Important towns around the port are Tianjin, Yangliuqing, Xianshuigu, Yangcun, Tanggu, Hangu, Langfang, Cangzhou, Huangcun, Tongzhou, Renqiu, Zhuozhou, Liangxiang, Peking, Fengrun, Fangshan, Shunyi, Botou, Linxi, Guye. Below we help you choose the right type and provide info about the most commonly seen options for sea freight. You can also click directly to information about Container types.
Important specifications of the 20ft container
20 FT containers (some people call it dry van) are one of the most used container types. They are quite easy to transport, which give you lower handling and shipping costs. Very suitable for the transport of personal effects or international removals. Good to know: A TEU is a standard container with a length of 20 feet.
- One of the most rented boxes for transporting goods by means of shipping.
- The size of a 20-foot container is: 5.90m x 2,35m x 2,39m.
- A 20’ft container can hold eleven pallets.
- In terms of weight load, the following applies: +/- 27.100 kilogram.
Explanation of the 40 ft container
A40 foot container is standard applied to shipping bulk goods. Many types of goods can be shipped within these boxes. All this makes it a very effective means for shipping large volumes of cargo. What you may not know: you can also opt for a taller ‘high cube’ box. They are 9’6 tall. This makes them particularly useful for niche applications.
- Very popular with large and bulky goods.
- The format is universal: 12.025m long x 2.352m wide x 2.393m high.
- It can hold 23-24 Euro pallets or 20-21 standard pallets in one row.
- In terms of weight fits maximum: +/- 28.500 kg.
Compare Ocean Freight costs: get an Instant Ocean Freight Quote
Request a quote without obligation for the costs of your shipment
What are the advantages and disadvantages of FCL containers?
If you have enough goods to fill an entire container, then a full container is often worth it. This is known as an FCL (Full Container Load). You don’t need to share it with other merchandise. This has multiple advantages: It guarantees a faster transit time, chance of damage is reduced to a minimum and you pay lower price per unit. Important to mention: it is not suitable for small cargo and it is harder to unload the FCL shipment. Have your cargo depart from another port? See also Antwerp to Tianjin (CNTXG) or Hamburg to Tianjin (CNTXG).
- The concept of FCL is that you have the entire container space to yourself.
- Perfect for bulk, expensive and fragile goods.
- It is cheaper when the shipment uses more than 10 pallets.
- Available at: e.g. COSCO, Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, Maersk, MSC.
Less than container (LCL)
If you do not need a full container, inquire about the possibilities for a shared container. Logistics management organization handles this as a LCL (Less Than Container Load). The idea of LCL is that you have no say about the other type of cargo that’s in the container with your freight You consciously opt for various benefits such as: for smaller loads, it is way cheaper than a full container, storage and insurance is advantageous and more flexible during intense shipping season. Remark: if you have a cargo load that is more than half a container unit, then it is often more interesting to go for an FCL shipping. The shipping rates are based on the dimensions and weight of the cargo.
- The goal of LCL is that a partial container is booker for the freight.
- Ideal for transport volumes between 1,5 m3 & 15,5 m3.
- Deal for cargo that does not fill the entire container.
- More Availability During Peak Season.
- Available at: e.g. Wan Hai, POL, HMM, Yang Ming, Evergreen.
Other types of containers and customization
You can choose from many types of boxes for the shipment of your goods. Each type of cargo has its own characteristics and methods. The Dry van is suitable for many common goods. Besides this, there are also applications for oil or petroleum, flour, coffee or cocoa or very expensive items. We explain everything below. Also check other destinations such as Shuaiba (KWSAA), port of Ningbo (CNNBG), Santander (ESSDR) harbor and terminal Douala (CMDLA).
- Bulk Containers: used for transportation of dry bulk cargo like grain and coal.
- Flat Rack Containers: a flat rack only has walls or support post on the ends.
- Hard-Top Containers: a specialized version of general dry van (with special roof).
- High-Cube Containers: extremely functional for transporting light and large cargo.
- Insulated Containers: offer affordable, secure, warm and dry storage space.
- Open-Top Containers: e.g. for Machinery require space for their tops to stick out.
- Palletwide Containers: perfect for transporting cargo on europellets.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers are ideal for the food and beverage industries.
- Tank Containers: if you want to transport a large quantity of liquid as bulk cargo.
- Ventilated Containers: specially for cargoes which have to be ventilated in transit.
Kind of cargo: which items do you want to transport by sea?
Transporting stuff by sea from Rotterdam (NLRTM) to Tianjin (CNTXG) has a lot of pluses: attractive rates, best for Bulky Goods and containers can also be used for further transportation by road or rail. Relevant ocean cargo categories imported via sea shipping includes: liquid bulk, roll on/roll off, break bulk, dry bulk, containerized. You can read more about it in the section below.
- Car shipping: your vehicle will be shipped safely and insured internationally.
- House Moving: advice and support in the field of relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): your household effects are shipped in a fast and secure manner.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. hydrogen, kerosene, diesel, petroleum, biofuels, chemicals.
- Dry Bulk: iron ore, coal, grain but also sand, rods, coils, cement.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): one of the most flexible methods of shipping vehicles overseas.
- Breakbulk: refers to goods that are stowed on board ship in individually counted units.
- Retail & other: cargo like sports equipment, toys, art and antiques, medical/pharmacy, electronic goods & shoes, food, fashion, furniture, drinks.
All about international transport (FAQ)
Shipping a container from Rotterdam (NL) to Tianjin takes around 47 days. The distance to be covered is about 11200 nautical miles (M). That equates to 20742 km. In case of sea freight, you get 2 types of important values: ETD and ETA. ETD means the Estimated Time Of Departure. Estimated time of arrival (ETA) is the date and time that a shipment is predicted to arrive. The exact shipping time depends on the boat speed, weather conditions and maintenance.
Shipping rates from Rotterdam (Netherlands) to Tianjin (China) are relatively cheap. The actual costs are determined by various factors such as type of container, season and the Incoterms you have agreed on. Fill in the request form for current rates and transit times.
When you are exporting goods to Tianjin, then you must have the administration in order for customs clearance. The following documents need to be in place for effective and easy customs clearance. Certificate of Origin, Import/export Licenses, Insurance Certificate, Bill of Lading, Commercial Invoice, Letter of Credit. For more detailed information you can contact the customs of China or view the website of the port/government (www.ptacn.com).
Incoterms are a set of standardized terms of delivery terms used international trade. The two most important Incoterms in sea transport are FOB and CIF. CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight) means the exporter is responsible for all the costs up to and including the ocean freight to the port of destination specified by the buyer. By Free on Board (FOB) we mean the seller has the responsibility for the freight until all cargo is on the ship. Other popular Incoterms 2000 are: Free Carrier (FCA), Ex Works (EXW), Carriage Paid To (CPT), Free Alongside Ship (FAS) + Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), Cost and Freight (CFR).