Container shipping Antwerp to Doha
Are you interested in a way to ship a container from Antwerp to Doha (QADOH)? Sea freight has many advantages: it is suitable to ship large volumes for low prices, it is flexible and it has live tracking. Transporting containers with freight like refrigerated cargo or furniture can be facilitated by shippinglines like TS Lines. When you want to forward a container, you can choose from many different sizes and types of shipping containers. Transporters make a distinction between a full container just for your freight (FCL) and Less Container Load (LCL). Via our transport specialists we offer lots of practical information for international transport Doha (QA DOH). We provide up-to-date information about the various sea container types. You can make use of our practical step-by-step plan. Send you shipping details and you will get a competitive quote with extensive pricing details.
- Ocean shipping is a professional, sure and affordable way to ship heavy and bulky goods.
- When we compare it to air transport, you have lower costs and more time for document processing.
- Sea freight is a solution for worldwide movings and carrying vegetables or personal effects.
- The Port of Doha is a popular port in Qatar.
- The range of containers includes: 20 footers, 40 footers and Dry Van, Flat Rack, Insulated, Refrigerated, Tank, Ventilated containers.
- Shipping to harbor Doha from Antwerp (Belgium)
- Tutorial: Export a container abroad in March 2023
- Selecting the container that suits the freight
- Types of Cargo Shipped by Sea Freight Transport
- FAQ: frequently asked questions and answers regarding international transport
Shipping to Doha (QADOH) from Antwerp (BEANR)
Ocean freight shipping is the most common way to transport cargo globally. Your goods are stored in shipping containers. The freight forwarder (the middleman) will reserve a container for you. A truck transports the cargo to the shipping vessel at the departing port Doha (QA DOH), and will be shipped over the ocean to the consignee at the arrival port. They provide you options like door-to-door, port-to-port, port-to-door, door-to-port. In the list below you can read different kind of info about the port of destination.
|Port of departure||Port of Antwerp (BEANR)|
|Country of departure||Belgium|
|Port of destination||Port of Doha|
|Country of destination||Qatar|
|Transit Time||+/- 30 days|
|Port address||PO Box 81 Department of Ports Doha Qatar|
Freight Forwarder Antwerp – port of Doha
- Shipment details
Enter the departing port and destination of shipment. Decide how you want to export: (FCL) Full Container Load or Less Container Load (LCL). Also choose the desired format (20-ft, 40-ft of a high cube).
- Loading the freight
Firstly, your load need to be prepared in the right way. To prevent accidents, it is best to pack the freight on pallets. Also make sure you have good labels.
- Common Export Documents
In the situations that you export cargo to Doha (QADOH), you will have to provide required export documents (to the national customs): packing list, packing declaration, certificates of origin, commercial invoice, bill of lading. A Bill of Lading is a document or electronic invoice that is completed by a carrier to acknowledge the receipt of cargo and noticing that the cargo is well packed for transport.
- Determine the desired Incoterm
Incoterms are relevant for traders to agree on the most important contractual terms and obligations for global trade. The Incoterm states who will pay for things like transport, insurance and duty related matters. Widely used incoterms are Free On Board (FOB), Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), Cost, Insurance Freight (CIF).
- Track and Trace shipment
Use the Ocean Shipment Tracking to check where your load is at this moment. You can see in realtime when the vessel is departed from Port of Loading, has arrived at the destination (POD) and when it has arrived at the final destination.
Sea freight from Doha (QADOH) to Antwerp (BEANR): select the container that suits the freight
You received an order and want to ship a container from port of Doha – (QA DOH) to port of Antwerp – (BE ANR)? Compare the options and book the right container for your cargo. There are different sizes (20 ft, 40 ft) and all kind of container conditions (FCL shipping or LCL shipment). Well-known shipping lines are APL, CMA CGM. Important towns around the port are Khor, Umm Bab, Doha, Abu Samrah. In the section below we help you choose the right type and provide info about the most commonly seen options for sea freight. Our specialists also provide details about 40-foot Container.
Explanation of the 20 ft container
20. ft. containers (also known under the name dry van) are one of the most used container types. They are easy to stack, which give you lower handling and shipping costs. Ideal for the transportation of bulk goods and personal items and international removals. Nice to know: 1 Teu means Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit.
- This box is a very suitable choice for sending goods with transport ships.
- A 20-foot container is described in terms of size as: 6,06 x 2,44 x 2,59.
- A 20 foot holds 11 pallets in one tier.
- You must take into account a maximum permitted weight of +/- 27.400 kilogram.
Explanation about a 40ft container
In addition to the small one, there is also a larger 40 foot container. They can carry far more cargo at once. It is especially intended for shipping large cargo by sea. In conclusion, there are also special 40 foot containers such as the ‘high cube’ variant. You’ve got just a little extra height. Ideal for tall items.
- Very suitable for large loads.
- The format is almost always the same: L – 12.05M · W – 2.35M · H – 2.23M.
- Up to 23 Europallets can be stuffed in a 40′ container.
- Important: maximum load weight of +/- 28.100 kilogram.
Compare Ocean Freight Rates: get a free quote
Instantly get the current rates of all major shipping lines
What does FCL container mean in shipping?
If you want to ship a lot of cargo, then renting a full container is the most interesting. Freight carriers then talk about FCL (Full Container Load). You don’t need to share it with other merchandise. The advantages are great: It guarantees a faster transit time, limited damage risk and the rates are more favorable. Pay attention to the disadvantages: it is unsuitable for Small Packages and the financial risk is much greater. Transporting cargo from another port? Also see Rotterdam to Doha (QADOH) and Hamburg to Doha (QADOH).
- The idea of FCL is that the whole container is intended for one shipper.
- Used by all major manufacturers and shipping companies.
- Recommended for shipments from 15 m3.
- Available at: e.g. COSCO, Maersk, Hapag-Lloyd, MSC, CMA CGM.
When is a LCL container a good choice?
If your cargo does not fill a whole ocean freight container, it might be cheaper to book a partial shipment (shared container). Transport specialists call this Less Than Container Load (LCL). What we mean by LCL is that you pay per m3 or per metric ton for space inside a complete container. There are many benefits like: freight costs are typically based on cargo volume, you can save on inventory costs and it offers consistent weekly sailing schedules for sea freight. Important: when you ship enough volume to fill more than half a container, then it is usually more interesting to opt for FCL. The cost of LCL is based on the dimensions and weight of the cargo.
- With LCL transport, your cargo is shipped in a partial container.
- A good solution for shipping volumes between 4 m3 & 15,5 m3.
- Cost-effective for freight forwarders with smaller shipment volumes.
- More Availability During Peak Season.
- Available at: e.g. Wan Hai, Evergreen, HMM, ZIM, POL.
Other special types of containers
There are many different types of boxes available for the shipment of your goods. Shipping companies offer a suitable solution for every cargo type. The most common type is the Dry van. Special boxes are also being used for liquid bulk, meat, fish and frozen foods or high class goods. We’ve explained it all below. Be sure to check out the transport options to Onahama (JPONA), port of Catania (ITCTA), Geneva (CHGEN) harbor and terminal Vado Ligure (ITVDL).
- Bulk Containers: used to ship a broad range of dry cargo like grain and coal.
- Flat Rack Containers: the walls allows for the loading of cargo from the top and/or sides.
- Hard-Top Containers: the walls are generally made of corrugated steel.
- High-Cube Containers: ideal when a slightly larger volume capacity is needed.
- Insulated Containers: for shipping fresh products and keep up their freshness.
- Open-Top Containers: perfect when large cargo needs to be loaded safely from above.
- Palletwide Containers: are adequate for shipping Euro-pallets because of the interior dimensions.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers are perfect for storing temperature-sensitive good.
- Tank Containers: are basically, cylindrical vessels held within a standard 20ft ISO frame.
- Ventilated Containers: for cargoes that require ventilation in transit.
Load types: What do you want to ship?
Exporting cargo by sea from Antwerp (BEANR) to Doha (QADOH) has a lot of pluses: attractive costs, there are lots of different shipping options and containers can also be used for further transportation by road or rail. Relevant ocean cargo categories shipped via sea routes are: containerized, roll on/roll off, break bulk, liquid bulk, dry bulk. Below we explain some goods/cargo.
- Car shipping: your vehicle will be loaded and shipped to the port of your choice.
- House Moving: choose reliable transport options for personal items (relocation).
- Removals (Household Goods): Ships your household effects / furniture quickly and affordable.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. kerosene, hydrogen, diesel, petroleum, biofuels, gasoline.
- Dry Bulk: coal, iron ore, grain but also stuff like lumber, sugar, coils, cement.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): vessel type used for the transportation of cars and other automobiles.
- Breakbulk: consists of goods transported, stored and handled piecemeal to some degree.
- Retail & other: items like sports equipment, electronic goods, medical/pharmacy, art and antiques, toys or drinks, shoes, food, machines, fashion.
FAQ: current topics around international transport
Shipping a container from Antwerp (BE) to Doha takes around 30 days. The distance between the two ports is about 7050 nautical miles (M). 1 nautical mile is equivalent to 1.85 km. That makes the distance 13057 km. When you export something, you get 2 types of important values: ETD and ETA. ETD means the Estimated Time Of Departure. ETA stands for Estimated time of arrival of the ship or truck. The shipping time is determined on the basis of condition of the hull and the propeller, wind force and wind direction and delay at the port.
Shipping rates from Antwerp (Belgium) to Doha (Qatar) are relatively expensive. The total cost is subject to various parts such as type of container, shipping route and freight forwarder handling fees. Feel free to contact us for a quote for your transport.
When you are exporting goods to Doha, then the customs clearance will also pass. You will need the following documentation: Bill of Lading, Letter of Credit, Packing List, Commercial Invoice, Insurance Certificate, Certificate of Origin. For more substantive information and tips you can contact the customs of Qatar or take a look at the website (www.gco.gov.qa).
Incoterms describe the roles of the buyer and the seller in an international trade agreement. The two most important Incoterms in sea transport are CIF and FOB. Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) means the exporter bears responsibility for the transportation to the port of destination specified by the buyer. The meaning of Free on Board (FOB) is the seller is responsible for the freight until all cargo is on the ship. One can also choose from one of the alternative Incoterms 2000: Free Carrier (FCA), Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Ex Works (EXW) & Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Delivered At Place (DAP).