Container shipping Rotterdam to Khodiyar
Do you need to ship a container from Rotterdam to ICD Ahmedabad/Khodiyar (INAMD)? Sea freight is very practical: you can ship large volumes at low costs, you have low maintenance costs and it has live tracking. Transporting containers with freight like liquids or factory parts can be done via e.g. CMA CGM. There are various types of containers. An important point of attention is (FCL) Full Container Load and (LCL) Less Container Load. Via our experts we share useful information about international transport Ahmedabad (IN AMD). We provide you with up-to-date information about the ways in which you can transport cargo by sea. Further on you can read a step-by-step export plan. Share your cargo and transport wishes and we will prepare a quote with great prices and shipping conditions.
- Ocean shipping is a smart, safe and cheap way to transport bulk containers.
- Compared to air transport, it offers more capacity and value.
- Sea freight is ideal for international relocations and transporting dry bulk or personal goods.
- The Port of Khodiyar offers excellent transit options in India.
- The most commonly used containers are: 20 foot, 40 foot and Hard-Top, Insulated, Dry Van, Open-Top, Tank, Refrigerated containers.
Table of contents
- Worldwide shipping to harbor Khodiyar from Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Step-by-step plan for exporting a container in October 2022
- Choose the appropriate container
- Overview with cargo types
- FAQ: everything you need to know about international transport
Shipping to ICD Ahmedabad/Khodiyar (INAMD) from Rotterdam (NLRTM)
Ocean freight shipping is the process of transporting items or goods by ship. Your goods are put on a container with pellets. The freight forwarder will arrange the container. The freight goes by truck to the shipping vessel at the departure port Ahmedabad (IN AMD), and will be shipped over the sea to the customs at the POD. You can book various solutions like port-to-port, door-to-port, port-to-door or door-to-door. In the list below we share important information about the POD (Port Of Destination).
|Port of departure||Port of Rotterdam (NLRTM)|
|Country of departure||Netherlands|
|Port of destination||Port of Khodiyar|
|Country of destination||India|
|Transport Time||+/- 30 days|
|Office address||Container Corporation Of India Ltd., Domestic Container Terminal, Jamiyatpura Village Road, Near Khodiyar Railway Station, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, Distt. Gandhinagar,Ahmedabad-382421|
|Telephone number||– not available –|
Freight Forwarder Rotterdam – port of Khodiyar
- Cargo details
Enter the port of departure and the arrival port. Choose how you want to transport: a complete full container (FCL) or a shared container (LCL). You also choose the size of the container (20-ft, 40-ft of a high cube).
- Freight preparations
To start with, make sure your goods are tightly packaged. To limit damage, we advise to put everything on pallets. You must also put a label on the freight.
- Customs documents and procedures
If you want to send cargo to ICD Ahmedabad/Khodiyar (INAMD), you will have to provide various export documents (for fast customs clearance): export/import customs declaration, bill of lading, commercial invoice, packing declaration, certificates of origin. A Bill of Lading is a document or contract issued by a Carrier to a Shipper, to confirm that the goods match the description listed on the paperwork and that everything is ready to ship.
- Choosing the Incoterms
An incoterm is a set of rules to agree on the most important contractual terms and obligations for global trade. The Incoterm determines who takes care of, among other things, the cost and risk of transportation, insurance, duties payable and clearing customs. For freight by sea, these are the most popular terms: Ex Works (EXW), Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), Free On Board (FOB).
- Track your shipment
Use the Online Container & Freight Tracking System to see where your load is right now. You can get a sms or mail when the shipping is loaded at the POL (port of origin), arrived at Port of delivery (POD) and the moment the consignee has confirmed that the cargo has reached its final destination.
Sea freight from ICD Ahmedabad/Khodiyar (INAMD) to Rotterdam (NLRTM): choosing a suitable container
You want to export goods and ship a container from port of Khodiyar – (IN AMD) to port of Rotterdam – (NL RTM)? An important starting point is to pick the right container type. You can choose from large and small sizes (twenty foot, forty foot) and multiple transport options (LCL shipment or FCL shipment). Many international shipping lines operate this route. There is a good connection to important cities in the area. Below you will find useful information about the most popular boxes. We are happy to provide you with more information about Furniture transport.
Details of a 20 ft container
20 ft. containers (sometimes also called dry van) is the most common and available size. It’s a very common and efficient size, that means they are quite cheap. Particularly suitable for the transport of personal items and movings. Keep in mind: 1 TEU is the indication for 1 20 foot container.
- The most commonly used box for the transportation of cargo via ocean shipments.
- The dimensions of a 20-foot container are: 5.90m x 2,35m x 2,39m.
- It can contain 11 Euro-pallets on a single level.
- A lot can be loaded in terms of goods weight: +/- 27.500 kg.
Specifications of a 40 FT container
A 40 foot container is widely used on (standard) ships. They are very suitable for e.g. industrial goods and retail products. This makes it a very popular choice for shipping large volumes of cargo. What you may not know: there are also special extra tall ‘high cube’ version. You have more height at your disposal. This ensures that your cargo/goods can be loaded higher.
- Perfect for larger shipments.
- The dimensions of a 40-foot container are: 12.19m long x 2.44m wide x 2.59m high.
- The FEU can hold between 20 and 24 pallets.
- The maximum load is +/- 28.900 kg.
Ocean Freight Volume Calculator: get the latest shipping rates
Compare rates from different major shipping lines
Details about Full Container (FCL)
When you need a lot of container space, then it is usually better to book a full container. Transport specialists call this Full Container Load (FCL). You don’t need to share your container with anyone else. This has multiple advantages: It allows for a faster transit time, less risk of damage during the logistics process and it’s more cost-effective. Of course there are also downsides: it is not efficient for small cargo types and there is only limited availability. Do you want to send items from another port? Check also Antwerp to ICD Ahmedabad/Khodiyar (INAMD) and Hamburg to ICD Ahmedabad/Khodiyar (INAMD).
- The meaning of FCL is: the whole container is intended for one shipper.
- Perfect for bulk, expensive and fragile goods.
- Relevant when you are sending more than 15 m3.
- Available at: e.g. Maersk, COSCO, MSC, Hapag-Lloyd, ONE.
What does LCL container mean in shipping?
With a small freight, a shared container can be used. Logistics experts treat that as a LCL (Less Than Container Load) agreement. The concept of LCL is that you just pay for the amount of space used in a single container. There are many positive aspects to mention like: you will share all costs with the other suppliers, the handling and insurance costs are limited and more options during peak shipping season. Watch out: if 50% of the container consists of your goods, then it is often more interesting to go for an FCL shipping. LCL cost is calculated by the volume and weight of the packages.
- LCL Means that means that you reserve space in a partial container.
- An excellent choice for cargo volumes between 1,5 m3 and 14,5 m3.
- Deal for cargo that does not fill the entire container.
- Easier to find space during peak season.
- Available at: e.g. ZIM, Wan Hai, POL, Yang Ming, Evergreen.
Special containers for special freight
The range of boxes is very diverse for shipping your cargo. Each type of cargo has its own characteristics and methods. The most common type is the Dry van. Besides this, there are also applications for liquid bulk, onions, potatoes, vegetables or unique high value cargo. You can read all about it in the section below. We also provide more information about sea transportation to Paranagua (BRPNG), port of Roseau (DMRSU), Valencia (ESVLC) harbor and terminal Mongla (BDMGL).
- Bulk Containers: very suitable for dry bulk goods such as like grain and ore.
- Flat Rack Containers: usually used for the transportation or storage of cargo with unique dimensions.
- Hard-Top Containers: special roof makes it fairly easier to load and unload the cargo through forklift.
- High-Cube Containers: similar in structure to standard containers, but taller.
- Insulated Containers: ideal for bulk shipping and temporary storage of mixed products.
- Open-Top Containers: are able to accommodate much larger objects.
- Palletwide Containers: are adequate for shipping Euro-pallets because of the interior dimensions.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers can hold cargo above or below freezing point.
- Tank Containers: are basically, cylindrical vessels held within a standard 20ft ISO frame.
- Ventilated Containers: used to transport cargo with good moisture contents which requires ventilation while transit.
Important types of ocean cargo: which items do you want to transport by sea?
Exporting cargo by ocean from Rotterdam (NLRTM) to Khodiyar (INAMD) has many benefits: low prices, best for Bulky Goods and containers can also be used for further transportation by road or rail. Relevant ocean cargo categories that are transported by sea are: dry bulk, break bulk, roll on/roll off, containerized, neo bulk. You can read more about it in the section below.
- Car shipping: a professional company ships your vehicle internationally.
- House Moving: solid help and assistance for relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): have your household effects shipped to a new home.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. biofuels, gasoline, kerosene, petroleum, chemicals, hydrogen.
- Dry Bulk: iron ore, coal, grain but also sand, coils, plates, salt.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): vessel type used for the transportation of cars and other automobiles.
- Breakbulk: consists of goods transported, stored and handled piecemeal to some degree.
- Retail & other: goods like medical/pharmacy, art and antiques, electronic goods, clothes, sports equipment + shoes, food, drinks, furniture, machines.
Everything about international transportation (FAQ)
Shipping a container from Rotterdam (NL) to Khodiyar takes approx 30 days. The distance between the two ports is about 7200 nautical miles (NM). This is equivalent to 13334 km. In case of sea freight, you have to take into account 2 important values (ETD and ETA). ETD stands for Estimated time of departure of the ship or truck. Estimated time of arrival (ETA) is the date and time that a shipment is predicted to arrive. Shipping time is subject to displacement of the vessel, weather and type of cargo.
Shipping rates from Rotterdam (Netherlands) to Khodiyar (India) are relatively cheap. The total price tag is determined by various factors such as type of container, shipping route and freight forwarder handling fees. Send us a message for a completely free, no-obligation quote today.
When sending goods to Ahmedabad, then you must have the administration in order for customs clearance. The following documents are needed for the customs handling procedure: Bill of Lading, Letter of Credit, Certificate of Origin, Packing List, Import/export Licenses, Insurance Certificate. For more information about these duties please contact the customs of India or view the website of the port/government (www.india.gov.in).
The Incoterms tell us: Who is organising carriage and insurance? Two of the most common Incoterms are FOB and CIF. Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) means the exporting party covers delivery of the goods to a ship, loading the goods onto the ship, and insuring the shipment until it reaches the port of origin. With Free on Board (FOB), we mean that the seller must arrange everything regarding the goods until they are loaded on a shipping vessel. Other commonly used Incoterms 2000 are e.g. Ex Works (EXW), Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Carriage Paid To (CPT) + Delivered At Place (DAP), Cost and Freight (CFR), Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP).