Container shipping Rotterdam to Tanger Med
Would you like to ship a container from Rotterdam to Tanger Med (MAPTM)? Sea freight is very practical: you can ship many goods for an attractive price, it is flexible and it has live tracking. Exporting a container overseas with liquid bulk or equipment can be arranged by shipping companies such as Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC). You can choose from various types of containers. A big difference is being made between a full container just for your freight (FCL) and (LCL) Less Container Load. Via containershippingservice.com we provide you with accurate information regarding international transport Tanger Med (MA PTM). We share knowledge and extensive information about the various sea container types. Further on you can read a export plan in 5 steps. Contact u directly and we will prepare a quote with low prices and great conditions.
- Ocean shipping is a fast, secure and cost-effective way to export or import international containers.
- Compared to air freight, you have lower costs and more time for document processing.
- Sea freight is recommended for international relocations and the transit of vegetables or cars.
- The Port of Tanger Med is a popular port in Morocco.
- You can choose from the following containers: twenty footers, forty footers and Insulated, Dry Van, Hard-Top, Open-Top, Tank, Ventilated containers.
- Ocean shipping to harbor Tanger Med from Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Tutorial: Export a container abroad in December 2022
- Select the suitable container
- Major Types of Cargo Transported by Sea
- Everything about international transportation (FAQ)
Shipping to Tanger Med (MAPTM) from Rotterdam (NLRTM)
Ocean freight shipping is the container freight transportation of cargo by shipping lines. Your cargo is stored in shipping containers. The freight forwarder (the middleman) will reserve a container for you. A shipping vessel will be ready for your goods at the port of origin (POO) Tanger Med (MA PTM), and will be shipped overseas to the customs at the port of destination. They can get you services like door-to-door, port-to-port, port-to-door, door-to-port. In the schedule below we offer useful information about the POD (Port Of Destination).
|Port of departure||Port of Rotterdam (NLRTM)|
|Country of departure||Netherlands|
|Port of destination||Port of Tanger Med|
|Country of destination||Morocco|
|Transit Time||+/- 8 days|
|Office address||Zone Franche de Ksar El Majaz, Oued Rmel, Morocco|
Freight Forwarder Rotterdam – port of Tanger Med
- Enter freight details
Enter the port of origin and destination of shipment. Choose how you want to transport: Full Container Load (FCL) or LCL (Less than Container Load). You can also choose the size of the container (twenty foot, forty foot or a high cube).
- Preparing the cargo
Obviously, your load need to be prepared in the right way. To prevent accidents, we advise to put everything on pallets. Tip: make sure you have recognizable labels on the freight.
- Documents Required for Exporting
When exporting cargo to Tanger Med (MAPTM), you will need various export documents (on behalf of national customs): certificates of origin, packing declaration, packing list, export/import customs declaration, commercial invoice. A Bill of Lading is a document released by a shipping agency or carrier to the shipper to acknowledge the receipt of cargo and noticing that the cargo is well packed for transport.
- Choose Incoterm
Incoterms are relevant terms for worldwide shipping to agree on the most important contractual terms and obligations for global trade. The Incoterm determines how much responsibility you have for shipment, insurance, documentation and customs clearance. Frequently used incoterms are Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), Free On Board (FOB), Ex Works (EXW).
- Track your shipment
Use the Ocean Shipment Tracking to check where your freight is at this moment. You can get a sms or mail when the cargo is registered at the POO (port of load), has been transferred to the POD (port of destination) and when the cargo has reached its desired final destination.
Sea freight from Tanger Med (MAPTM) to Rotterdam (NLRTM): pick your container
You are going to ship a container from port of Tanger Med – (MA PTM) to port of Rotterdam – (NL RTM)? Make sure you find the right container type. There are different sizes (twenty foot, forty foot) and different container agreements (LCL shipment or FCL shipment). Popular shipping lines include CMA CGM. Well-known cities around the harbor are Tangier, Asilah, Tétouan, Martil, Wazzan, Sidi Qasim, Tawnat, Kenitra, Fez, Rabat, Nador, Mrirt, Casablanca, Azimur, Asfi, Marrakesh, Tarudant, Agadir, Tiznit. In the paragraph below we put everything together and offer information about the most popular products. Also click further for information about Hard-Top Container.
Explanation about a twenty foot container
20 ft. containers (sometimes also called dry van) is the most commonly type for shipment in ocean freight. They are quite easy to transport, so the transport costs are quite low. Suitable for different kinds of storage including furniture and movings. What you might not know: TEU is a standard measurement of volume in container shipping and means 1 20 Foot container.
- A very popular box for sending goods overseas.
- A 20-foot container has a surface area of: 5.90m x 2,35m x 2,39m.
- You can use 11 pallets on one tier.
- You can load it with maximum +/- 27.000 kilogram.
Advantages of a 40 FT container
The 40-foot container offers twice as much space as the 20-footer. He can hold much more cargo. This makes it a very popular choice for transporting large loads by sea. What you may not know: 40ft containers are also available as ‘high cube’ version. They are 9’6 tall. This makes them particularly useful for niche applications.
- Perfect for larger shipments.
- The format is universal: 12 x 2,3 x 2,4 m.
- It can hold 23-24 Euro pallets or 20-21 standard pallets in one row.
- Maximum load is about +/- 28.500 kilogram.
Ocean Freight Rate Calculator: 40 / 20 Ft Sea Container Shipping Cost
Request a quote without obligation for the costs of your shipment
What are the advantages and disadvantages of FCL containers?
When you want to ship large quantities of goods, then it is usually better to book a full container. Freight carriers then talk about FCL (Full Container Load). You don’t need to share your container with anyone else. There are many advantages to it: It guarantees a faster transit time, limited chance of damage and and it is cheaper per unit. Important to mention: it is not suitable for importers and exporters with lower shipping volume and the financial risk is much greater. Have your cargo depart from another port? See also Antwerp to Tanger Med (MAPTM) and Hamburg to Tanger Med (MAPTM).
- FCL Means that means that one single container is booked exclusively for the transportation of cargo.
- Perfect for bulk, expensive and fragile goods.
- Relevant when you are sending more than 15 m3.
- Available at: e.g. Maersk, MSC, CMA CGM, ONE, Hapag-Lloyd.
When do i need a Less than container Load (LCL)?
If you do not need a full container, then your freight will be bundled with other freights. Transport specialists call this Less Than Container Load (LCL). What we mean by LCL is that you have no say about the other type of cargo that’s in the container with your freight There are many positive aspects to mention like: you can save money on smaller shipments, storage and insurance is advantageous and it is more flexible during peak-times. Remark: if 50% of the container consists of your goods, then FCL is a better choice. The cost of LCL is based on the volume and weight of the packages.
- The meaning of LCL is: you reserve space in a partial container.
- A suitable choice for transport with a size between 2 m3 – 15 m3.
- You only pay for the space you need in a shipping.
- Easier to find space during peak season.
- Available at: e.g. ZIM, POL, Wan Hai, Evergreen, HMM.
Various other types of containers
There exist a lot of box-types for international cargo shipping. Each type of cargo needs a different solution. A Dry van is the most common type of freight transportation. There are specially developed transport options for oils, fruit, vegetables, meat, fish or very expensive items. We explain everything below. Are you looking for another destination? Also look at possibilities for ICD Sanathnagar (INSNF), port of Bluff (NZBLU), Terminal Fredericia (DKFRC) harbor and terminal Vizag (INVIZ).
- Bulk Containers: used in for transporting bulk cargo like like grain and ore.
- Flat Rack Containers: internationally used when the cargo cannot fit inside a standard box.
- Hard-Top Containers: equipped with a removable steel roof.
- High-Cube Containers: perfect for large, oversized, tall, and bulky items.
- Insulated Containers: maintains the initial temperature and protects the interior from exterior conditions.
- Open-Top Containers: for heavy goods which are difficult to be loaded sideways.
- Palletwide Containers: the ideal type for transporting many euro pallets.
- Refrigerated Containers: reefers are perfect for storing temperature-sensitive good.
- Tank Containers: are used to deliver hazardous and non-hazardous products.
- Ventilated Containers: suitable for goods that evaporate a lot of condensation.
Cargo types: what are you going to transport?
Importing goods by ocean from Rotterdam (NLRTM) to Tanger Med (MAPTM) has a lot of pluses: you can ship large volumes at low costs, there are lots of different shipping options and very flexible. Relevant ocean cargo categories exported via sea lines are: break bulk, containerized, dry bulk, neo bulk, roll on/roll off. Below you will find a brief summary.
- Car shipping: reliable import and export of a vehicle via sea shipping.
- House Moving: advice and support in the field of relocation.
- Removals (Household Goods): quickly and easily ship your household effects to another city.
- Liquid Bulk: e.g. gasoline, kerosene, biofuels, chemicals, petroleum, hydrogen.
- Dry Bulk: grain, iron ore, grain and cement, lumber, plates, salt.
- Roll on Roll off (RORO): a type of shipping that is used for transporting things such as vehicles.
- Breakbulk: relates to trades where the cargoes are carried in unitized form.
- Retail & other: products like electronic goods, sports equipment, medical/pharmacy, art and antiques, clothes and fashion, machines, furniture, shoes, drinks.
FAQ: current topics around international transport
Shipping a container from Rotterdam (NL) to Tanger Med takes on average 8 days. The total distance is approx. 1800 nautical miles. 1 NM is about 1.85 km. The total distance is 3334 kilometers. If you ship something by sea, you will receive updates about the ETD and ETA. ETD stands for Estimated time of departure of the ship or truck. ETA is the date and time at which the vessel is expected to arrive at the dock. The exact shipping time depends on the speed of the boat, sea weather condition and type of cargo.
Shipping rates from Rotterdam (Netherlands) to Tanger Med (Morocco) are average. The total costs are determined by various parts such as cargo weight, period of the year and the Incoterms you have agreed on. Fill in the request form for the best rates and current transit times.
When you are exporting goods to Tanger Med, there are documents you need for customs clearance. You will need the following documentation: Commercial Invoice, Import/export Licenses, Insurance Certificate, Letter of Credit, Packing List, Bill of Lading. For more information, then we advise you to contact the customs of Morocco or view the website of the port/government (www.marsamaroc.co.ma).
Incoterms are a set of globally recognized trade rules organized into 11 abbreviated terms. Popular terms for waterway transportation are FOB and CIF. CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight) means the exporter is responsible for the costs of transporting the cargo to the required port. The meaning of Free on Board (FOB) is the seller must arrange all processes concerning the cargo till the moment that it’s all loaded into the vessel. Other popular Incoterms 2000 are: Free Carrier (FCA), Free Alongside Ship (FAS), Ex Works (EXW), Carriage Paid To (CPT) + Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP), Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), Cost and Freight (CFR).